Some queries about a simple loop Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
blad4

Some queries about a simple loop

Post by blad4 » 06 Jun 2023, 01:06

Hi all, I have the questions 1 and 2, and then 3 explains my desired outcome for the loop. Any help will be appreciated

[Mod action: Moved topic to v1 section since this is v1 code. The main section is now for v2.]

boiler

Re: Some queries about a simple loop

Post by boiler » 06 Jun 2023, 01:33

Let’s start with your comment that where you said when you assign A to B, B is actually 44, not 43 as A was assigned the line before. This is clearly not true. There is either a problem with how or when you are observing its value or there is something else in the rest of the script you are not showing us that changes its value. Please show the whole script and describe how you arrive at the conclusion that its value is 44 at that point.

Also, please note that you posted in the v2 section, so your post was moved. Please post in the appropriate section going forward.

blad4

Re: Some queries about a simple loop

Post by blad4 » 06 Jun 2023, 02:28

Thank you boiler, my mistake, please ignore 1) .. it is fine on further testing

v1/2.. noted.. did not know this today.

Help with 2) would be appreciated

boiler

Re: Some queries about a simple loop  Topic is solved

Post by boiler » 06 Jun 2023, 05:55

blad4 wrote: Help with 2) would be appreciated
Your stated issue is wanting to loop 7 times. That would be as simple as using loop 7, so I assume your unstated issue is really more complicated than that. I imagine it has to do with having the value of A be a certain value at various iterations through the loop. Or maybe instead of looping 7 times, it is supposed to change the number of times through the loop depending on the value of A. What is it supposed be do, and what is it currently doing? Be specific.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”