Some text comes out purple

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
eraasio

Some text comes out purple

Post by eraasio » 09 Jun 2023, 08:20

I am having an issue where some of the text I have created hotkeys for is coming out purple when I use it in emails. It does not happen with all my scripts, just some. I have tried deleting and retyping them in but it still happens. When I use it in a document it is fine, just when I use it in an email. If it matters, I use Gmail.

The code I am using looks like this:

Code: Select all

::.lgh:: 
;==============LEGAL OFFICE HOURS ==================
clipboard :="Our office hours are from 9 AM to 9 PM, Monday through Friday, Eastern time. If you have additional questions or concerns you may respond to this message and we will address those matters. Your correspondence will be responded to in the order that it was received so please allow 2-3 business days to receive your response."
Send ^v

return
[Mod edit: [code][/code] tags added.]

RussF

Re: Some text comes out purple

Post by RussF » 09 Jun 2023, 09:02

What happens if you try this?

Code: Select all

::.lgh::Our office hours are from 9 AM to 9 PM, Monday through Friday, Eastern time. If you have additional questions or concerns you may respond to this message and we will address those matters. Your correspondence will be responded to in the order that it was received so please allow 2-3 business days to receive your response.
Russ

kunkel321

Re: Some text comes out purple

Post by kunkel321 » 10 Jun 2023, 11:01

I also have text come out purple in the body of my emails sometimes... Not sure why.

I'm wondernig, does it only do this if you programmatically (via ahk script) paste the text? What if you manually paste a chunk of text? Also, when there is purple text, try emailing it to yourself, and see if it is ACTUALLY purple, or if your computer is just displaying it that way in the editor...
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”