Help with Dock-It by Hellbent

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
swub

Help with Dock-It by Hellbent

Post by swub » 07 Jun 2019, 09:17

I am hoping Hellbent or someone else will be able to help me figure this out. I'm wanting to use Hellbents Dock-It script as a quick launcher. For some reason no matter what font is used or color the text gets wiped out on the buttons.
I am going to try to attache a .png file if it will allow it.

Thanks for any help!
swub
Hellbent Dock-It problem.png
Hellbent Dock-It problem.png (77.2 KiB) Viewed 1004 times

Hellbent

Re: Help with Dock-It by Hellbent

Post by Hellbent » 07 Jun 2019, 10:06

Hi Swub.

It looks like there are a few layers that aren't getting added to the buttons in the docks.
I'm not really sure why that would be the case because it looks like the main window is getting created as it should be.
I have long abandoned this project and am planing on making a new version some time in the future. The way I did things in this project are not the way that I would do them if I was to write it today. That said, there might be a simple solution to this problem.

Here are a few questions that might be helpful to me.

1: When you first ran the script, was it doing the same thing?
2: If you click on one of the buttons in the docks, does it bring up the "Add / Edit Program" window? Is the window drawn correctly?
3: Have you made any changes to the code.
4: if you press the "Settings" button in any of the docks, does it create the new window? Is the new window getting drawn correctly?
5: What version of windows are you running?

Here is what it should look like if you're not sure of the Settings buttons position.

SnapShot_499.png
SnapShot_499.png (62.84 KiB) Viewed 992 times
Ultimately there might not be anything that can be done. I had seen a good substitute on Joe Glines Channel if need be, but I don't remember the name of the program. Perhaps someone else knows the name of the one I'm talking about. It is a script by a guy named Jack (or something like that).

LAPIII

Post by LAPIII » 19 Jan 2022, 17:37

Where can I get this?

jarhead

Post by jarhead » 19 Jan 2022, 17:50

I know hellbent is CivReborn on YouTube where he has scripts and how-tos.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”