Remap Shortcuts in Pro Tools on Windows 10

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
yoloswaggerboy69

Remap Shortcuts in Pro Tools on Windows 10

Post by yoloswaggerboy69 » 19 Oct 2020, 17:24

I'm trying to remap the windows shortcuts to match the ones on mac since I'll probably be working on macs in the future and i want to build some muscle memory.
The shortcut i tried with is mapping alt+c to ctrl+c and alt+v to ctrl+v.
This works on the windows desktop but as soon as the pro tools window is in focus it stops working. I Tried running the script as admin, both using the right click context menu option as well as this tutorial https://www.reddit.com/r/AutoHotkey/comments/ac1epn/groggy_guide_admin_rights_privilege_level/ but nothing seems to be working.

I've tried looking at similar forum topics, but none of them seemed to offer any kind of solution so I thought it'd be okay to make a new one. If I'm missing something and there already is a solution out there please let me know.

Thanks in advance

mikeyww

Re: Remap Shortcuts in Pro Tools on Windows 10

Post by mikeyww » 19 Oct 2020, 17:30

If you'd like help with a script, then please post it here.

Raimoraimo

Re: Remap Shortcuts in Pro Tools on Windows 10

Post by Raimoraimo » 26 Nov 2021, 14:35

You can swap keys systemwide with Sharpkeys (it edits the registry - i.e. it can be done manually as well but Sharpkeys makes it easier and has a revert option) and it will work in PT. Sadly I cannot personally do it as it messes my years of Win experience (I'm trying to move work from 20 years on Mac to Win - but also have 30 years of Win at home...)

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”