AHK + Steinberg Cubase (Key Combinations Are Not Getting Through)

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
zqhz6zjg

AHK + Steinberg Cubase (Key Combinations Are Not Getting Through)

Post by zqhz6zjg » 17 May 2021, 16:48

Hi guys,

I discovered AHK a few days ago when I was trying to get a macro keyboard (PrehKeyTec MCI 84) working with Steinberg's music software Cubase. I found out that it does not function too well from the getgo. Some shortcuts are working just fine while others don't or sometimes don't. Currently I am staying in contact with the manufacturer, but I was wondering if it is possible to work around this by using AHK.

It seems the case that the MCI is indeed sending the proper key combinations correctly (I tested it with a software that monitors incoming keypresses), but in Cubase those won't be triggering the correct function but some other instead, because it seems that only some part of the keycombo is 'getting through'. So I thought it would be a decent workaround to trigger the very same function with AHK via sending some keycombo from the MCI to my computer and then have it converted by AHK into the combo Cubase needs to receive in order to trigger the correct function. But it still seems to fail and cause the same problems I had before when I was only using the MCI.

So, my question is, does anybody have an idea why this happens? Do I have to perform some magic trick to make it happen? I already did run AHK and the script as an admin and disabled uac - neither worked.

Any help is highly appreciated! :D

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”