weird results with win10 clipboard history

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
loidokaar

weird results with win10 clipboard history

Post by loidokaar » 16 Jun 2021, 07:30

Hi,

I have a code that copies mouse selected text to win10 clipboard (history enabled). This results in win10 clipboard being updated, but very often (and not always) Winkey-V fails to show the updated clipboard content. Instead, it still shows the previous state of clipboard history. But when you select and paste the first item in the clipboard history, you get the correct copied item being pasted. It kinda seems like that ^c triggers in parallel the new clipboard content (which works) and clipboard history (which sometimes does not work). I am the only one that sees this or is this universal?

br,
Kaido

swagfag

Re: weird results with win10 clipboard history

Post by swagfag » 16 Jun 2021, 07:51

post the script so it can be tested
its possible the script is coded badly

loidokaar

Re: weird results with win10 clipboard history

Post by loidokaar » 06 Jul 2022, 03:08

Thanks, this issue persists even now, 2 years later. It should not be issue of my code, because CTRL-v pastes most recent CTRL-c, but Winkey-v does not show this most recent CTRL-c sometimes (this is why difficult to analyse). Instead, Winkey-v shows clipboard history without the most recent CTRL-c item.

This is just one of many clipboard history woes. The other one is that clipboard history does show most recent CTRL-c, but does not paste. Not with CTRL-v, not with Winkey-v and selecting (first clipboard history item for) paste with mouse. Just a beep, no paste. And then, when you paste a second clipboard history item from the list, this second item is pasted. After CTRL-z and Winkey-v and selecting first clipboard history content, the first now pastes.

I am just wondering if this is just me or do others also see that?

To me it seems there are 2 clipboard systems in win10: the old one and the history, which work in parallel (if CB history is enabled). For most of the time CTRL-c triggers both, sometimes one of these. If only old clipboard system is triggered, the new CB history does not show the most recently copied item, but paste works in both CTRL-v and Winkey-v [1st item] -> correct item pasted. If only the new CB history is triggered with CTRL-c, the paste of most recent item (while visible) fails (as instruction to old CB to paste fails), but paste for the 2nd item (pushed via old CB system) works.

Kaido

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”