Rohwedder

Re: Alt Ctrl Del

Post by Rohwedder » 08 Sep 2021, 04:39

Hallo,
Windows does not allow this!

gregster

Re: Alt Ctrl Del  Topic is solved

Post by gregster » 08 Sep 2021, 05:21

Afaik, this could be done with evilC's AutoHotInterception which uses a third-party low level keyboard driver:
https://github.com/evilC/AutoHotInterception#warning wrote:TAKE CARE when using this code. Because Interception is a driver, and sits below windows proper, blocking with Interception goes so deep that it can even block CTRL+ALT+DEL etc. As such, it is entirely possible to lock up all input, or at least make life a little difficult.
In general, worst-case scenario would require use of the reset button.
I would seriously think about de-activating this key combo (as you might have to reboot to reverse it). You alone are responsible for any data loss or other problems resulting from it.

deickos

Post by deickos » 09 Sep 2021, 12:05

i need this combination - because of humidity Pgup, Home and Del do not work in this keyboard.
i managed to write scripts to use them in Word, Pdf etc. but i also need this combination.

RussF

Post by RussF » 09 Sep 2021, 13:45

Not trying to be crass, and I don't know where you are or your personal situation, but keyboards are available online for less than $20. One has to ask if all the time you are spending to "fix" the problem is worth saving $20. :)

deickos

Post by deickos » 09 Sep 2021, 19:15

This keyboard problem was the reason I found about AHK lately so I consider it a blessing in disguise. I am not going to buy another kb, anyway it is a laptop one it is new and clean. I am going to settle all issues using AHK.
Now if one has also done this in Ubuntu i would like to know.

deickos

Post by deickos » 30 Jun 2022, 00:39

gregster wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 05:21
Afaik, this could be done with evilC's AutoHotInterception which uses a third-party low level keyboard driver:
https://github.com/evilC/AutoHotInterception#warning wrote:TAKE CARE when using this code. Because Interception is a driver, and sits below windows proper, blocking with Interception goes so deep that it can even block CTRL+ALT+DEL etc. As such, it is entirely possible to lock up all input, or at least make life a little difficult.
In general, worst-case scenario would require use of the reset button.
I would seriously think about de-activating this key combo (as you might have to reboot to reverse it). You alone are responsible for any data loss or other problems resulting from it.
could this third party kb driver offer help when Fn+ {key} combinations don't work when the {key} is dead and you cannot assign it to another key with AHK?

gregster

Post by gregster » 30 Jun 2022, 00:54

No idea, best way is to try it.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”