HELP! Download PDF as stream from WinHTTPRequest Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
jaquesy

HELP! Download PDF as stream from WinHTTPRequest

Post by jaquesy » 18 Oct 2021, 09:03

Hi there!
I'm having some issues downloading a PDF file from a corporate system. The cookie setup looks OK, and if I select any non-PDF binary from behind the login then the download works fine (e.g: an image) but for one reason or another, downloading the response from a URL that returns a PDF gives me a file which is not complete/fully formed.

The code I've been able to find is below (and which works for images) - can anyone help diagnose the issue?
How can I interpret the responseStream as a PDF stream - or is there an easier way?!

Code: Select all

urltodownload:="http://blah/GetRepositoryContent/CD/Default/Output/tasga_print.pdf/inline/113157975:1/3"

whr := ComObjCreate("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1")
whr.Open("GET", urltodownload,false)
whr.SetRequestHeader("Accept","text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/avif,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.9")
whr.SetRequestHeader("Accept-Encoding","gzip, deflate")
whr.SetRequestHeader("Referer", "http://blah/logon/ui/CD/Default/PG/GCCP/Dashboard/AccountingPackByLanguage?AVK=7&SessionTimeout=true&ClientDomain=Default")
whr.SetRequestHeader("User-Agent", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0) like Gecko")
whr.SetRequestHeader("Cookie", "JSESSIONID=7E3CB981C25FA4D4D77541E84EEBAE5B; BIGipServerpool_blahgccp.app.blah.net_80=3426989322.20480.0000; CWSessionId=""7E3CB981C25FA4D4D77541E84EEBAE5B""")
whr.SetRequestHeader("Host","blahgccp")
whr.SetRequestHeader("Connection","Keep-Alive")

whr.Send()
whr.WaitForResponse(-1)
vStream := whr.ResponseStream

if (ComObjType(vStream) = 0xD) {      ;VT_UNKNOWN = 0xD
	pIStream := ComObjQuery(vStream, "{0000000c-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}")	;defined in ObjIdl.h

oFile := FileOpen( A_ScriptDIr "\" saveas, "w")
	Loop {	
		VarSetCapacity(Buffer, 8192)
		hResult := DllCall(NumGet(NumGet(pIStream + 0) + 3 * A_PtrSize)	; IStream::Read 
			, "ptr", pIStream	
			, "ptr", &Buffer			;pv [out] A pointer to the buffer which the stream data is read into.
			, "uint", 8192			;cb [in] The number of bytes of data to read from the stream object.
			, "ptr*", cbRead)		;pcbRead [out] A pointer to a ULONG variable that receives the actual number of bytes read from the stream object. 
		oFile.RawWrite(&Buffer, cbRead)
	} Until (cbRead = 0)
	ObjRelease(pIStream) 
	oFile.Close() 			
	if FileExist(A_ScriptDIr "\" saveas)
		run % A_ScriptDIr "\" saveas
	else
		msgbox File Not Exist
}

kczx3

Re: HELP! Download PDF as stream from WinHTTPRequest  Topic is solved

Post by kczx3 » 21 Oct 2021, 20:50

I’d guess it’s because the Accept header doesn’t have the mime-type for pdf files listed.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”