Sending file (not contents) to clipboard for later pasting

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Snich

Sending file (not contents) to clipboard for later pasting

Post by Snich » 23 Oct 2021, 10:48

How to copy file (not contents) to clipboard for to be pasted later? I have a script that saves my screenshot to a specific folder when I hit PrtScr, but I want to change it. Instead of saving it to a directory, I want to be a file on the Clipboard so I can paste it easily anywhere, just like copying a file.

https://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/23162-how-to-copy-a-file-to-the-clipboard/page-1
I found this thread, but it does make the "Paste" option active on the context menu, but nothing really is being pasted.

Here is my AHK script: screenshot -> save file

Code: Select all

#SingleInstance, Force
SetBatchLines, -1

#Include Gdip_All.ahk
#Include FileToClipboard.ahk

class SaveScreen
{

; the first version was, file is being save on "<username>\Pictures\Screenshot"
    static Directory := A_AppData . "\DarkWare\shrtct\temp_scrnsht\" ; temp folder before copying the file
    static FilePath := SaveScreen.Directory . A_Now . ".png"
    static Size := 1.0

Save()
    {
        If !pToken := Gdip_Startup()
        {
          MsgBox, 48, gdiplus error!, Gdiplus failed to start. Please ensure you have gdiplus on your system
          ExitApp
        }
        OnExit("ExitFunc")

FileCreateDir % SaveScreen.Directory
        pBitmap := Gdip_BitmapFromScreen()
        Width := Gdip_GetImageWidth(pBitmap), Height := Gdip_GetImageHeight(pBitmap)
        PBitmapResized := Gdip_CreateBitmap(Round(Width*SaveScreen.Size), Round(Height*SaveScreen.Size)), G := Gdip_GraphicsFromImage(pBitmapResized)
        Gdip_DrawImage(G, pBitmap, 0, 0, Round(Width*SaveScreen.Size), Round(Height*SaveScreen.Size), 0, 0, Width, Height)
        Gdip_SaveBitmapToFile(PBitmapResized, SaveScreen.FilePath)
        Gdip_DeleteGraphics(G), Gdip_DisposeImage(pBitmapResized)
        Gdip_DisposeImage(pBitmap)
        FileToClipboard(SaveScreen.FilePath)
        Return
    }
}

ExitFunc(ExitReason, ExitCode)
{
    Gdip_Shutdown(pToken)
    ExitApp
    Return
}

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”