Multi Window/Layer Gui

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Blastoise465

Multi Window/Layer Gui

Post by Blastoise465 » 16 Jan 2022, 01:17

Hello today i am trying to make my multiple gui windows work as one gui I have 7 gui windows some of the windows have buttons that open other windows.

What is the best approach for this do these options make sense and if not what is a better approach

1. add multiple GuiClose: that will save WinPos of each closed window and open it in the same position as last window.

2. Make one big Gui and only make one sections(Gui Window) of it visible when I want it to be on that specific area

3. Make the buttons that would open a new gui window hide all buttons i dont want and show(Previous Gui Window) all the buttons I do want that would be on that gui page

4. Make my main window the only full window and when I press a button on gui that switches windows the new window appears over the last windows and shows as a +toolwindow so all windows could be loaded but they are all hidden until I press a window switching button

Ive watch many many tutorials on gui's and I know how to get window position on close and open same window in same spot on launch.

I want to know the best approach for this and I dont want to use tabs I have my guis done they are all in one script but anytime I click a button that opens new window they always open where I set the Gui,Gui_Name:show: x y I want it to open same spot like a program would.
And how do other programs solve this do they all work the same or is there different ways like the options stated above.

Any and all help will be appreciated :)

mikeyww

Re: Multi Window/Layer Gui

Post by mikeyww » 16 Jan 2022, 10:35

I do not think that the choice necessarily matters if the selected approach works. Assessing the situation completely would require more details anyway. I use what works and what is fastest and easiest for the user. Your goals might differ. Your answer may also depend on positioning of windows, and visual appearance to some degree.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”