Script works well on my keyboard But not on my Wacom cintiq

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
cyanwheels

Script works well on my keyboard But not on my Wacom cintiq

Post by cyanwheels » 20 Jan 2022, 14:56

Hello! i created a Script that works in my keyboard but not my Wacom cintiq. This is the script below:

Code: Select all

Escape::
ExitApp
Return

Home::
SendInput ^+1{Control down}
KeyWait, Home 
SendInput {Control up}
Return

F12::
SendInput ^+2{Control down}
KeyWait, F12
SendInput {Control up}

Return
if you click home, it runs control+shit+1 once and then holds control as long as you keep the home key pressed. Same for F12.

But if i map my wacom cintiq's key to home key, the script only runs the first part (control+shit+1) but holding the wacom key doesn't continue to press ctrl.

how do i change that?
the Wacom tablet has its own key mapping. So if i map one of the keys to home, it should act as if a keyboard home is pressed. And for the most part, it does. But not here i guess.

anyone know what i need to do?

swagfag

Re: Script works well on my keyboard But not on my Wacom cintiq

Post by swagfag » 21 Jan 2022, 13:30

probably when u press the tablet's button that u have remapped to Home, the tablet's software sends a Home press immediately followed by a Home press, and in turn ur scripts sends Ctrl press, Shift press, 1 press, 1 release, Shift release, Ctrl release, Ctrl press and immediately followed by Ctrl release(so it appears as though Ctrl wasnt pressed/held down)

u need to debug ur script with ToolTips or other forms of logging to map out which sequence of keys actually executes

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”