Stepwise RPA - great Excel activities - run bots from cmd.exe

Discuss Robotics Process Automation. RPA is a rapidly growing field with 6 figure incomes and an extreme workforce shortage. This sub forum will be used to discuss aspects of RPA as it relates to both scripting languages and RPA software such as UIPath or Automation Anywhere
burque505

Stepwise RPA - great Excel activities - run bots from cmd.exe

Post by burque505 » 02 Jul 2021, 16:10

I downloaded the Community Edition of StepwiseRPA the other day, and so far it's great. (Apparently I was the first person to download it.)

It has one of the nicest UIs of any of the platforms. The Excel activities are really extensive.
ui.PNG
ui.PNG (77.51 KiB) Viewed 11566 times
You can run functions from .NET DLLs (maybe non-managed code too if it has a manifest, don't know yet), including functions from AutoHotkey.Interop.dll. You can run AHK scripts using VBS and AutoHotkey.dll. It uses AutoIt internally also.

@Joe Glines, I bet you'll like this one. With one click you can copy a shortcut to run your robot from the command line. Example:

Code: Select all

StepwiseRunBot.exe "Dynamic.stwx"
Here's a link to an introductory video: Getting Started Stepwise Video

I believe this is the product of single developer! Really impressive, that. It was created to be used in-house, I'm pretty sure, but it's now opened up for public download.

Regards,
burque505

Joe Glines

Re: Stepwise RPA - great Excel activities - run bots from cmd.exe

Post by Joe Glines » 02 Jul 2021, 20:53

burque505 wrote:
02 Jul 2021, 16:10
Sounds pretty cool! Thanks, we'll check it out!
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!

burque505

Post by burque505 » 26 Jul 2021, 08:03

StepwiseRPA is getting better and better. 'Dynamic Actions' can now load either AutoHotkey.Interop.dll or sharpAHK.dll. With not much effort you can run AHK from StepwiseRPA and pass data back and forth.

@Joe Glines, as you're a data scientist I think you'll appreciate this new video on connecting StepwiseRPA to MS SQL Server. In the video the developer demonstrates using Azure, but notes that it'll work with a local MS SQL server as well. It also shows off how easy it is to work with variables in StepwiseRPA.

Regards,
burque505

Joe Glines

Post by Joe Glines » 27 Jul 2021, 14:58

burque505 wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 08:03
@Joe Glines, as you're a data scientist I think you'll appreciate [url=https://youtu.be/lp9qxTlrcTM]this new video on connecting StepwiseRPA to MS
That looked painful to me. I think most data scientists would just use Python or R. In my experience databases aren't very helpful in analysis (but obviously you need to get your data somehow)
Sign-up for the 🅰️HK Newsletter

ImageImageImageImage:clap:
AHK Tutorials:Web Scraping | | Webservice APIs | AHK and Excel | Chrome | RegEx | Functions
Training: AHK Webinars Courses on AutoHotkey :ugeek:
YouTube

:thumbup: Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!

burque505

Post by burque505 » 27 Jul 2021, 15:02

:D Python and R for sure.

Return to “RPA”