G1ANT and AHK via AutoHotkey.Interop

Discuss Robotics Process Automation. RPA is a rapidly growing field with 6 figure incomes and an extreme workforce shortage. This sub forum will be used to discuss aspects of RPA as it relates to both scripting languages and RPA software such as UIPath or Automation Anywhere
burque505

G1ANT and AHK via AutoHotkey.Interop

Post by burque505 » 12 Jul 2019, 07:54

G1ANT is perhaps the most scriptable of the RPA offerings I've come across. The Developer version doesn't cost anything, but has CAPTCHAs that sometimes interfere with development. It has a unique scheme for prefixing variables. You can triple-quote strings for multiline (‴ is not ''', it's a special insertion from the editor which I think is probably a Unicode triple prime). I have AHK up and running with it, which is encouraging (UiPath of also allows integrating AutoHotkey.dll via AutoHotkey.Interop). Even the IPC handlers work.

The ⊂⊃ brackets surround C# code that G1ANT refers to as macros. You can use lambda expressions.

The G1ANT editor appears to be a Scite component, so lots of us that use Scite4AutoHotkey will feel right at home right away. Here's a little G1ANT code for a teaser (simple to the point of idiocy, sorry), basically cloned from the AutoHotkey.Interop github page. As you can see, you can get info in and out of AHK.

Code: Select all

addon core version 4.100.19170.929
addon language version 4.100.19170.929
♥macrodlls = System.dll,System.Drawing.dll,System.Windows.Forms.dll,AutoHotkey.Interop.dll
♥macronamespaces = System,AutoHotkey.Interop,System.Windows.Forms
♥hellogiant = "Hello "
⊂
var ahk = AutoHotkeyEngine.Instance;
ahk.ExecRaw("MsgBox, Hello World!");
ahk.SetVar("x", ♥hellogiant);
ahk.SetVar("y", "World, from AHK and G1ANT!");
ahk.ExecRaw("z:=x . y");
string zValue = ahk.GetVar("z");
MessageBox.Show(zValue);;
ahk.SetVar("z", zValue);
ahk.ExecRaw("Msgbox, I can say %z%")
⊃
Gotta ♥ those variable prefixes . . .
Regards,
burque505

burque505

Re: G1ANT and AHK via AutoHotkey.Interop

Post by burque505 » 12 Aug 2019, 16:12

G1ANT has a free training webinar coming up. It is really easy to use AHK in G1ANT. They have 20+ training videos online, maybe more by now.
ClickMeeting link.
Attachments
g1ant.webinar.png
g1ant.webinar.png (154.11 KiB) Viewed 6609 times

Return to “RPA”