NodeBot

Discuss Robotics Process Automation. RPA is a rapidly growing field with 6 figure incomes and an extreme workforce shortage. This sub forum will be used to discuss aspects of RPA as it relates to both scripting languages and RPA software such as UIPath or Automation Anywhere
burque505

NodeBot

Post by burque505 » 19 Jul 2020, 14:29

NodeBotRPA - a newcomer using Node-Red. Still in alpha, it is working fine for me on Win10. Some things to remember:
  • View at least an introductory video on the web somewhere if you're not familiar with Node-Red.
  • Clone all three github repos, 'bot, 'editor', and 'connect'. (You can get by with 'bot' and 'connect' but I wouldn't.)
The directions below aren't near complete, and I may well have left something out. There are lots of moving parts here.

* Read the instructions here and follow them carefully if you want it to work.
* first, edit settings.ini in 'bot\releases\v0.1' to suit your system. I have been having to use 127.0.0.1 instead of 'localhost' for it to work.
* Unzip the correct version of 'nbWorker.exe' for your system (64-bit or 32-bit). I have to give it admin privileges.
* Install and start node-red from a command prompt. Leave it running.
* From 'Manage palette' in Node-Red, install the nodebot modules (search for nodebot in the 'Install' tab).
* From the 'connect' directory, run 'node ws-ssl.js. Leave it running.
* Start nbWorker.exe and connect.

Regards,
burque505
Last edited by burque505 on 01 Aug 2020, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.

tank

Re: NodeBot

Post by tank » 28 Jul 2020, 09:14

thanks for posting this. its an interesting concept. and something to watch. flow based automation design is core to several of the "big Box" RPA tools but not new really when you consider how many android apk programing tools there are using the same concept.
what is interesting here is the use of node and JS as opposed to some other low level API or language.
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter

burque505

Re: NodeBot

Post by burque505 » 28 Jul 2020, 11:05

Good to see you back, @tank!
Regards,
burque505