Notepad and UTF-8

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
joedf

Re: Notepad and UTF-8

Post by joedf » 08 Jul 2020, 16:36

A basic editor is an interesting idea. This would parallel Processing's PDE, or Python's IDLE, Swift with XCode. It's not common, but not uncommon either. :think:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

geek

Post by geek » 12 Jul 2020, 10:14

AHK Studio is very intimidating to new users, so I'm not sure I could recommend its addition to the standard install. I could see S4AHK being bundled with AHK, or a much simpler editor like my CQT (which is also written in AHK). CQT would be very easy to bundle as it contains no outside dependencies, unlike other editors which use a complicated file structure and require dlls like SciLexer.dll

gregster

Post by gregster » 12 Jul 2020, 10:30

+1 for CQT.
I use it daily, it's quick and easy.

hasantr

Post by hasantr » 04 Nov 2020, 13:30

Alguimist seems to keep giving updates to Autogi. And being able to add a direct interface will make new users very happy. I've set up Autohotkey from time to time for 10 years and just looked at the screen. Or I ran a script. I found out when I was studying the codes I created with Pulovers Macro creator. Because I needed a good spot to start. Programming was your job, I wasn't new, or I would have failed again. It took quite a while to discover the editors. I think it would be good for Ahk to spread faster. Some important libraries can also be added.

Challenger007

Post by Challenger007 » 05 Nov 2020, 04:41

NotePad is generally a universal program, suitable for any purpose. However, when you need to analyze a large piece of code, it is more convenient to use EmEditor. It has a handy function to show the desired lines in a new document. Very convenient for analysis.

Return to “General Discussion”