Advancement status of standard library / package index?

Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
Forum rules
Discuss Autohotkey related topics here. Not a place to share code.
pk23

Advancement status of standard library / package index?

Post by pk23 » 26 Nov 2020, 22:47

How's going on advancement status of standard library / package index? ( or is there a push in the works? ) remember seeing a package manager tool of AutoHotkey years ago, the number of packages included at that time was still relatively small, and now I cannot find it.

I've just been using PyPi, and once again impressed by super convenience of PyPi and pip, and cant help think of AutoHotkey, so curious if there's any news / movement on lib index and manager for AutoHotkey?

SOTE

Re: Advancement status of standard library / package index?

Post by SOTE » 27 Nov 2020, 09:37

pk23 wrote:
26 Nov 2020, 22:47
How's going on advancement status of standard library / package index? ( or is there a push in the works? ) remember seeing a package manager tool of AutoHotkey years ago, the number of packages included at that time was still relatively small, and now I cannot find it.
I think you are referring to this-
http://aspdm.ahkscript.org/#samples
(ASPDM - AHKScript.org's Package/StdLib Distribution and Management)

Seems like this was partially a victim of the website battle years ago, where which website the AHK community would use was undetermined. There was some new initiatives started back then, but not sure what exactly happened.

At present, a good library collection is by Lxiko.
https://github.com/Ixiko/AHK-libs-and-classes-collection

Maybe something similar to ASPDM could be done, but using the Lxiko collection. Part of the issue would be making it official and part of the installer.
PyPi and pip...
I think we should kind of keep Python separate from the issue. It's a different culture, purpose, circumstance, and language. Better to focus on what is good for the AHK community, versus compare apples and oranges, but that's just my opinion about it.
Last edited by SOTE on 27 Nov 2020, 09:57, edited 1 time in total.

pk23

Post by pk23 » 27 Nov 2020, 09:53

@SOTE Thank you! ASPDM is exactly what have been seen before. and ty for recommanding AHK-libs-and-classes-collection, gonna check it later! :+1: :xmas:

SOTE

Post by SOTE » 27 Nov 2020, 10:01

pk23 wrote:
27 Nov 2020, 09:53
...ty for recommanding AHK-libs-and-classes-collection, gonna check it later!
Your welcome. Lxiko has done a great job in producing that collection, and has been at it for quite a while. I do think it would be good to bring more awareness of it.

Return to “General Discussion”