Minimise and Maximise Electron App runnning in System Tray

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
pranavabe

Minimise and Maximise Electron App runnning in System Tray

Post by pranavabe » 30 Jan 2023, 03:03

I currently have an Electron app that runs minimised in the system tray that I've been having trouble making calls to. Could someone suggest a V2-compatible solution to invoking and minimising apps from/to the system tray?

(I'm on the Windows Insider Dev Channel, namely Windows 11 Build 25284, and running AHK v2.0.2)

Things I've tried: An additional point that I'd like to add:
For some reason, the Electron app that I'm using has a bug (or I'm not sure what's causing it so it may be a bug or may not), where simply invoking it using WinShow and WinActivate in AHK V1 makes the app completely unresponsive. The only way I can get the app to respond to interactions is if I invoke the app from the system tray through a mouse click. So I've come to the conclusion that the ideal way to invoke my app would be through simulating a mouse click or sending a similar command to the system tray. But this is purely an assumption that I'm making and I'm not entirely certain as to what causes my app to become unresponsive when I used the above commands.

I've also seen @JoeWinograd quite helpful on posts regarding tray icon operations and current compatibility, so I'm going to mention you here, hoping you might be able to extend some support with my situation.

JoeWinograd

Re: Minimise and Maximise Electron App runnning in System Tray

Post by JoeWinograd » 31 Jan 2023, 05:32

Hi @pranavabe,

I'm using the SendMessage,0x404 method, as discussed with lexikos beginning at this forum post:
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=111398#p499459

Regards, Joe

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”