Alt+a+s AND external US Numpad

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
Valkyrie666

Alt+a+s AND external US Numpad

Post by Valkyrie666 » 07 Feb 2023, 09:55

Good day mate!
Thanks for accepting me in this forum. I am relatively new in this type of field. I just discovered AutoHotkey last week and found this quite helpful in my new job.
I am an encoder for a database using a remote server and have discovered that minimizing my dbase allows my autohotkey to be detected.
However, I am not a pro and neither good at scripting thing. I need help on how to work these 3 keys to work together Alt+A+S.

Where Alt key is search,
Where "A" is search all
Where "S" is search for a particular member.

So Basically, you need to Press first, and hold "ALT" then Hold "A" the press S. I am looking to remap this to a one shortcut key using PageUp instead of holding these 3 altogether.
However, it doesn't work in this autohotkey script which is !AS::PgUp.

Can you please help me type the right script? I am not really good at this and I'm too old to learn scripting or this programming thing.

and also to add I am using an external USB numpad since my laptop does not come with an extended keyboard where there are numpad keys.
I intend on remapping the Ctrl+A into "forward slash" with ^A::/
But it only works on my laptop /(forward slash) and there is no effect on the external USB numpad forward slash.
Have you got an in detailed idea on how to pull this off?

Thanks autohotkey community

Baconfry

Re: Alt+a+s AND external US Numpad

Post by Baconfry » 07 Feb 2023, 13:13

Welcome! Looks like you have them switched up. Can you try this?

Code: Select all

#Requires AutoHotkey v2.0

; Sends alt + a + s using PgUp
PgUp::
{
    Send "{Alt down}{a down}s"
    Send "{Alt up}{a up}"
}

; Sends / using ctrl + a
^A:: Send "/"

Valkyrie666

Post by Valkyrie666 » 07 Feb 2023, 19:32

Thanks for the quick reply mate. Unfortunately it didn't work.I copied and pasted everything on the edit script. I also tried the external usb numpad command but nothing pops up.

Baconfry

Post by Baconfry » 08 Feb 2023, 04:32

That's odd. It works here on my end. Are you getting any error?

Valkyrie666

Post by Valkyrie666 » 09 Feb 2023, 10:13

@Baconfry I apologize for the mistake. It seems that the command /script you taught me about the ctrl+a+s is really working! I must have included the description (; Sends alt + a + s using PgUp) and mistook it as part of the script. Thanks a lot mate!

The only thing that wasn't recognized is the ctrl+a script using (^A:: Send "/"). I am using a cheap plugged in USB numpad. You know that weird calculator like thing plugged into the laptop. I don't understand why the thing doesn't recognize it. This is the kind of equipment I am using now.

Baconfry

Post by Baconfry » 09 Feb 2023, 12:40

Oh. I thought you wanted to remap ctrl + a into a forward slash. Looks like it's the other way around. Additionally, since you're using the numpad's forward slash, the key should be NumpadDiv.
https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/v2/KeyList.htm#numpad
This should work for you:

Code: Select all

NumpadDiv:: Send "^a"

PgUp::
{
    Send "{Alt down}{a down}s"
    Send "{Alt up}{a up}"
}

Valkyrie666

Post by Valkyrie666 » 12 Feb 2023, 10:46

@Baconfry sorry for the late correspondence. Thanks for all the big help mate. I really appreciate helping me out code this thing. It really saved me a lot of time plus increasing my work speed in this data entry and even prevent this carpal injury sort of thing. :dance: I just wonder how easy it is for you to understand all the scripts input and understand all this stuff. I really owe you in this endeavour mate! cheers! :O7:

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”