idp.heur.26 access denied

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
y2kbaja

idp.heur.26 access denied

Post by y2kbaja » 05 Jun 2023, 11:21

I've been using AHK for a couple years with no issues. Today my script files are gone. When I try to add a new it gives me error "destination folder access denied", I select continue, enter admin password, and get the same "destination folder access denied" and it won't let me in. I may be on an older version.
So then I try to upload v2.0 and my security comes crashing down with idp.heur.26 error "thread secured, moved ahk setup to quarantine because it is infected with idp.heur.26" and it won't let me move past. This is with Avast security. Any help please? AHK is awesome and saves me at least an hour a day with hot keys.

mikeyww

Re: idp.heur.26 access denied

Post by mikeyww » 05 Jun 2023, 11:35

Welcome to this AutoHotkey forum!

You could look in your antivirus quarantine to restore files. You may also consider excluding AHK's program directory or process (e.g., AutoHotkey.exe) from your antivirus scan. It might also be necessary to exclude the scripts' directory.

If you install AutoHotkey, use only the installers from the AutoHotkey Web site.

y2kbaja

Re: idp.heur.26 access denied

Post by y2kbaja » 05 Jun 2023, 12:03

Thank you. Avast was blocking it not allowing it to run. Removed Avast and works.

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”