Should I jump to V2? Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
Ghoti

Should I jump to V2?

Post by Ghoti » 09 Jun 2023, 07:38

Hi guys. I have a number of scripts that use the ImageSearch function. I need to find a way to make it work on an inactive window in the way that ControlClick does. I've read about the Gdip & Gdip_ImageSearch libraries, but have not yet gotten them to work yet. Before embarking on this quest, I'm wondering if I should upgrade to V2. I'm currently running AHK version 1.1.33.09. I'm aware that backward compatibility is not a thing with V2 and that I'll probably need to fix some things. Do the Gdip libraries work with V2, or are there similar libraries that will allow me to accomplish my goal? Is upgrading to V2 worth the effort for a light user?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

mikeyww

Re: Should I jump to V2?  Topic is solved

Post by mikeyww » 09 Jun 2023, 09:27

The issues of Gdip and AHK version are independent. Separate Gdip scripts exist for v1 and v2. V2 represents an additional capacity, not an upgrade: it enables you to run scripts written in v1 or v2 (if you already have v1). This capacity alone will not solve your problem with Gdip, so adding v2 is not necessarily a way to use Gdip to enable you to search for an image in an inactive window.

viewtopic.php?t=26978

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/MasterFocus/AutoHotkey/master/Functions/Gdip_ImageSearch/Gdip_ImageSearch.ahk

Ghoti

Re: Should I jump to V2?

Post by Ghoti » 09 Jun 2023, 11:54

Thank you Mikey! I'll just stick with V1 and see if I can make it work. I appreciate the response!

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”