Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Scripting and setups with Notepad++ and AutoHotkey.
HBinswanger

Re: Setup Notepad++ for AutoHotkey

Post by HBinswanger » 15 Nov 2022, 14:44

I found it has nothing to do with Notepad++. I have the same problem in any program that isn't run as administrator. Right now, this window in Chrome will not use AHK because it is not being run as administrator.

I think it's something about Win 11.

I think I have a generic solution: make a new shortcut that specifies your script and set it, under "advanced," to Run as Administrator.

lexikos

Post by lexikos » 16 Nov 2022, 02:53

HBinswanger wrote:
15 Nov 2022, 14:44
Right now, this window in Chrome will not use AHK because it is not being run as administrator.
Do you mean that your script will not work with Chrome unless you run your script as administrator?

That would strongly indicate Chrome is running as administrator. That would happen if, for instance, you used a hotkey to launch Chrome while your script was running as administrator (and then later restarted your script with limited privileges) - which is a (the main) good reason not to run the script as administrator. It is why that is not the #1 option listed in the FAQ: How do I work around problems caused by User Account Control (UAC)?.
I think it's something about Win 11.
I don't. I don't believe there has been any significant change in this area since UAC was added to Windows 15 years ago.

mmmax

Post by mmmax » 30 Jan 2023, 23:13

In case none of the above info worked in helping to resolve this (as it didn't for me), here's a link to the solution that did work for me.

https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=504898#p504898

juandante

Post by juandante » 02 Mar 2023, 19:03

How to run Tillagoto in Notepad++ ? And, how to have AHK Intellisense ? I read that AHK Intellisense was running on some ancient version of Notepad++, is it possible to convert it by using with assistance of ChatGPT ?

boiler

Post by boiler » 02 Mar 2023, 20:54

juandante wrote: How to run Tillagoto in Notepad++ ?
You can use GoToTilla with Notepad++ or just about any other editor that used Ctrl+G to go to a specific line.

juandante wrote: And, how to have AHK Intellisense ? I read that AHK Intellisense was running on some ancient version of Notepad++, is it possible to convert it by using with assistance of ChatGPT ?
Trying to use ChatGPT is about the worst thing you could do. It can't even do relatively simple scripts without injecting bogus syntax.

juandante

Post by juandante » 01 May 2023, 22:34

Not at all. In fact it more of an assistant than a rewriter, what I understood is that the biggest problem to porting the code is the time consumption. It would help to reduce by multiple folds the time required for porting it.

boiler

Post by boiler » 01 May 2023, 22:59

OK. I'm not sure why you asked if you are set on your own answer. Have at it.

rmazores

Post by rmazores » 21 Nov 2023, 11:14

Hello,
thanks for the tutorial. I followed the the steps for Syntax Highlighting and Auto-Completion.
I have an issue, that when I unfold a function by clicking on the "+" sign next to the line number, random functions will also unfold and the view jumps to somewhere else.
Is this issue known? Did I do something wrong in the settings?
Thanks!

Return to “Notepad++”