AutoHotkey Plus Plus author here :)

Scripting and setups with Visual Studio Code (vscode) and AutoHotkey.
Curdflappers

AutoHotkey Plus Plus author here :)

Post by Curdflappers » 07 Feb 2023, 22:58

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself and answer any questions folks may have about AutoHotkey Plus Plus for VS Code :) I've been maintaining it on and off since November 2020, and with v2 officially released I'll be doing major work to improve support for both AHK v1 and v2!

I'll say I've been relatively inactive on these forums but it looks like an amazing community and I look forward to learning from all of you! I've personally never written much AHK code myself, but v2 looks great and I've got a good list of things I've been meaning to automate for a while :)

Please let me know if you have any questions about the extension, feature requests, etc. and I'd be happy to address any concerns you have!

https://github.com/vscode-autohotkey/ahkpp

boiler

Re: AutoHotkey Plus Plus author here :)

Post by boiler » 08 Feb 2023, 01:41

Hello. I use your extension and was probably going to be switching to or adding one with more direct v2 support eventually, so it’s good to hear you will be updating it. Keep us posted!

longlongago

Post by longlongago » 23 Feb 2023, 21:32

Thank you very much for your extension

Ben G

Post by Ben G » 01 Mar 2023, 10:41

Curdflappers wrote:
07 Feb 2023, 22:58
I've been maintaining it on and off since November 2020, and with v2 officially released I'll be doing major work to improve support for both AHK v1 and v2!
Does it support V2 yet? The extension I'm using is kind of awful, so I was hoping for a better one (potentially yours)! ;)
-Ben G
My Website (it's still in production).
Running Windows 11 Home on a 64-bit laptop.

markwiemer

Post by markwiemer » 14 Mar 2023, 00:09

AHK++ author on an alt account now (proof).

V2 support will be a lot of work. You can see some of the projects I'm researching for inspiration in my "AutoHotkey Plus Plus research" GitHub list. For now, I'd recommend thqby's AutoHotkey v2 Language Support extension. Here is my progress on adding V2 support to AHK++ here

Ben G

Post by Ben G » 14 Mar 2023, 10:44

markwiemer wrote: For now, I'd recommend thqby's AutoHotkey v2 Language Support extension. Here is my progress on adding V2 support to AHK++ here
Ah, I see.
-Ben G
My Website (it's still in production).
Running Windows 11 Home on a 64-bit laptop.

DaveT1

Post by DaveT1 » 12 Jun 2023, 07:17

Hi Mark,

Thanks for this extension :bravo:

Is this the right place to reach out to you to ask Qs?

boiler

Post by boiler » 12 Jun 2023, 07:21

DaveT1 wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 07:17
Curdflappers wrote:
Please let me know if you have any questions about the extension, feature requests, etc. and I'd be happy to address any concerns you have!

DaveT1

Post by DaveT1 » 12 Jun 2023, 07:28

boiler wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 07:21
DaveT1 wrote:
12 Jun 2023, 07:17
Curdflappers wrote:
Thanks - he prefers AUTOHOTKEY forum as Curdflappers / markwiemer or Github where he has I think directed some people?

I will compose my Q and ask it here.

boiler

Post by boiler » 12 Jun 2023, 07:44

I don't know what he prefers, but he certainly created this thread to invite questions here.

DaveT1

Post by DaveT1 » 13 Jun 2023, 12:05

Hi Mark,

Great extension btw - thanks for working on it.

Question related to code folding. I've tried to illustrate this in the image below:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (90.67 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
I've tried to show that with no vscode extensions enabled, code folding leaves a blank line at line 126. But with AutoHotkey Plus Plus enabled, code folding does not have a blank line showing at line 126.

It seems that the light grey vertical line (does this show various indent levels?) which shows in the unfolded code images is slightly different with and without the extension. So am I right to think AutoHotkey Plus Plus is making some change to this? If so, is it by design?

From a visual perspective, I'd much rather have code folding al-la no extensions ie., which leaves the blank line 'showing'.

I've tried 'fiddling' with C:\Users\Dave\.vscode\extensions\mark-wiemer.vscode-autohotkey-plus-plus-3.3.0\language\ahk.configuration.json, but I don't know what I'm doing. And even when this file is empty, code folding is unaffected.

Don't know if this is something quick and obvious that I could adjust?

Many thanks for any help.

DaveT1

Post by DaveT1 » 26 Jun 2023, 11:53

OK, I think I've found the solution to the problem I outlined in the previous post. After a lot (and I mean a lot) of googling, it seems you need to add "offside" to the folding section in ahk.configuration.json, viz:

Code: Select all

"folding": {
        "markers": {
            "start": "^(\\/\\*)?\\s*\\;\\s*region\\b",
            "end": "^(\\*\\/)?\\s*\\;\\s*endregion\\b"
        },
		"offSide": true
    }
I read somewhere that it tells the editor to regard the 1st whitespace line as being part of the preceeding block rather than the subsequent block - but having re-looked for a source for this I can't find it anymore! No matter, "offside" seems to do the job :dance: .

HTHs.

OliverK

Post by OliverK » 11 Aug 2023, 03:33

Seeing the indention there in the unfolded block.. how can you avoid that the curly braces are indented? It's not my style, never seen that to be honest..

So:

if(a = b)
...{
......; do something
...}

should be:

if(a = b)
{
...; do something
}

(.) just placeholders for space

Everytime I have to move those damned braces.. ;) (But nice plugin otherwise of course!!)

DaveT1

Post by DaveT1 » 11 Aug 2023, 05:16

Hmmm, it seems that Mark has releaed a new (and looks much more capable) version of AutoHotkey plus plus. What happens if you use TAB rather than space to indent your .....;do something lines? Actually for me I've just checked and either TAB or space(s) allow me to fold:

if(a = b)
>{                         <---I get a vscode code folding mark in the editor margin at this line.
 ...; do something
 }
and:

> if(a = b)                 <---I get a vscode code folding mark in the editor margin at this line.
>    {                         <---I get a vscode code folding mark in the editor margin at this line.
      ...; do something
     }
But very frustratingly for me the "offside": true 'trick' doesn't work anymore :o I always indent (personal choice) and to have all the blank lines after the close bracket included in the fold makes things hard for me. I'll keep trying to find a new fix for this, but I think your problem should be fixed?

DaveT1

Post by DaveT1 » 11 Aug 2023, 14:23

Hi @Curdflappers

Just wondering if you're around on this forum to help with AHK++? :wave:

I see you're active on GitHub, but I don't know how to raise a general question there.

Very grateful for the effort youi're putting in with the extension BTW.

DaveT1

Post by DaveT1 » 19 Aug 2023, 02:40

DaveT1 wrote:
11 Aug 2023, 14:23
Hi @Curdflappers

Just wondering if you're around on this forum to help with AHK++? :wave:

I see you're active on GitHub, but I don't know how to raise a general question there.

Very grateful for the effort youi're putting in with the extension BTW.
Maybe you are on the AUTOHOTKEY forums as @markwiemer ?

neogna2

Post by neogna2 » 20 Aug 2023, 05:37

DaveT1 wrote:
11 Aug 2023, 14:23
The ahkpp repo has a discussions section
https://www.github.com/mark-wiemer-org/ahkpp/discussions/categories/general

Return to “Visual Studio Code”