How to export a list of script functions?

Scripting and setups with Visual Studio Code (vscode) and AutoHotkey.
DaveT1

How to export a list of script functions?

Post by DaveT1 » 26 Mar 2023, 14:01

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows if it's possible for vscode to export a list of functions used in your script such that I can paste this list to eg., notepad, excel, etc?

I know that these vscode options exist to list the functions in the current script:
  • Code Explorer | Outline
  • ctrl + shift + o
  • ctrl + shift + .
But there seems no way to actually copy the list.

I've also had a look around for any extensions that might do this, but I came up short.

Also, these approaches don't seem to list any functions in #include files, which is a bit of a necessity for my current needs.

Any thoughts on this, or any otherway of doing this, very gratefully received. :thumbup:

DaveT1

Re: How to export a list of script functions?

Post by DaveT1 » 27 Mar 2023, 13:46

cat dog fox war wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 07:12
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=cat1122.vscode-autohotkey-neko-help

The button of Status Bar is moved to the right

Many thanks @cat dog fox war, I saw the extension before, but didn't realise it did this. I installed it, got the same options as you show in your gif (very nice btw), but got no listings in the output pane. But I did get a 'report' file open as another tab in vscode, but this showed no information found.

I suspect that this extension is not playing nicely with the 2 AutoHotkey extensions that I already use - namely "AutoHotkey v2 Language Support" by thqby and "vscode-autohotkey-debug". And, at this stage, I have just got my vscode+AutoHotkey environment set up. Given that I'm a complete vscode noob, I'm reluctant to fiddle with my current setup for fear of breaking it!

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to post :thumbup:.

cat dog fox war

Post by cat dog fox war » 28 Mar 2023, 04:59

I forgot to ask about the ahk-version you wrote, this extension just support ahk v1, not v2.

DaveT1

Post by DaveT1 » 28 Mar 2023, 07:57

cat dog fox war wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 04:59
I forgot to ask about the ahk-version you wrote, this extension just support ahk v1, not v2.
So I'm mainly writing V2 as I find the syntax much cleaner - easier for a noob.

But I do use those 2 extensions I mentioned set up in such a way that I can run/debug both v1 and v2 in the same instance of vscode. I wrote my setup up in an earlier post on this forun - do look if it's of any interest.

Thanks again for the help!

Return to “Visual Studio Code”