AHK_H v2

Old Topics related to the original "AutoGUI" ahk script editor.
quantum

AHK_H v2

Post by quantum » 07 Dec 2018, 16:26

Right now we cannot choose other versions of AHK.
Also if it's compiled it opens a folder instead of run.

Other than that it's pretty much perfect.

Alguimist

Re: AHK_H v2

Post by Alguimist » 30 Jan 2019, 22:39

AutoGUI is not compatible with AHK v2 (be it AHK_L or AHK_H) and it is not also meant to be used as a compiled script, since I've not made any adaptations in the script as for that.

manehscripts

Post by manehscripts » 24 May 2019, 19:12

Alguimist wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 22:39
AutoGUI is not compatible with AHK v2 (be it AHK_L or AHK_H) and it is not also meant to be used as a compiled script, since I've not made any adaptations in the script as for that.
Hi, are there any projects or forecasts for when it will support v2?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Stop to think, shut up to resist, and act to win!

SOTE

Post by SOTE » 25 May 2019, 09:05

I would like to add, because I've seen it come up in other discussions around the Internet, that AutoGUI is used by a lot of people in conjunction with AHK Studio. A person would build the GUI in AutoGUI, and then copy the code into AHK Studio for further development. It appears some people build scripts entirely in AutoGUI, but that's clearly not always the case and they may use it for building just the GUI.

In regards to AHK v2 or AHK_H v2, we are talking about a program coded in the AHK language. So if a person feels that strongly about it and is motivated, they could make a v2 version. It appears there are many who are fine with using AHK v1 for their projects (as AutoGUI makes building GUIs easier). The other obvious issue with AHK v2 is it's still alpha, so might make some significant changes in the future, thus whoever took such a step to fork AutoGUI will have to be willingly to keep up with such changes.

Return to “Old Topics”