Exiting LEDBlinky Software when I close Steam game

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Moleburt

Exiting LEDBlinky Software when I close Steam game

Post by Moleburt » 13 Mar 2021, 21:15

I am working on adding Steam games to my Arcade Cabinet, and am currently working on adding in newer fighting games to run off of my cabinet Joysticks and buttons, but what I have found is newer games like MKX, MK11, SFV, etc... don't accept 2 players on 1 keyboard, which is how my arcade controls work. The work around has been using a program called Xarcade-Xinput, in order to us this I had to create a script (that I found someone else had made), I have a bat file that I use to load Xarcade-Xinput and a exe created from compiling my script that closes the game and Xarcade-Xinput at the same time.

The other script I am using is to launch the steam game in order to maintain my LEDBlinky lights working. All of this functions basically how I want, the game loads with the controls working, and the lights stay on for LEDBlinky, the issue I have is when I close the game it is not sending a GameQuit (4) command to LEDBlinky, and I am not sure how to add it properly. Can I create a standalone script that I load as an additional app with the game that sends that command when the game closes, or would it be better to add it to the existing script I use to close the game?

Here is the script for loading the steam game which allows the lights to function properly:

Code: Select all

Run, steam://rungameid/678950
Sleep, 5000
WinWait, Killer Instinct
WinWaitClose
SplashImage, Off
ExitApp
And here is the script I use to close the game and Xarcade-Xinput at the same time:

Code: Select all

$Esc::
{
Process, Close, XArcade_XInput.exe
}

Escape::
Send !{f4}

if WinExist("LaunchBox Game Startup")
{
WinActivate
WinWaitClose, LaunchBox Game Startup
}

if WinExist("LaunchBox")
{
WinActivate
}

if WinExist("LaunchBox Big Box")
{
WinActivate
}
ExitApp
return
Any help I can get on a solution to this would be great! I'm still really new to AHK so I don't understand exactly how to do stuff yet.

Thanks!
mikeyww

Re: Exiting LEDBlinky Software when I close Steam game

Post by mikeyww » 13 Mar 2021, 22:55

If you are already using a script to close the game, then it seems to me that you could add to that same script:

1. Commands to run the game
2. Any needed commands after the game closes

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”