Search box searches wrong site

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
BillyBender

Search box searches wrong site

Post by BillyBender » 20 Nov 2014, 15:30

A query typed into the Search Box on seemingly any page of ahkscript.org returns only results from autohotkey.com.

It's especially peculiar since Google (which provides the search) displays the ahkscript.org logo at the top of the Search Results Page.

It's been this way for months. (I was unable to post before this because I couldn't seem to create an account.) Occasionally in the past queries entered on particular ahkscript.org pages would yield ahkscript.org results.

Thank you, btw, all you folks for soldiering on with this fine language and site ... in the face of trying circumstances.
joedf

Re: Search box searches wrong site

Post by joedf » 20 Nov 2014, 16:55

Hi, you are right... but, it is because, it is for all ahk websites... so I had included results from both ahkscript and autohotkey.com
If you want to exclude the autohotkey.com results just add this to your search query : site:ahkscript.org
if go to the last pages, it will probably be results from ahkscript.... because of course, autohotkey.com has been around for a much longer time... ;)

Cheers,
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Nextron

Post by Nextron » 20 Nov 2014, 17:28

My search hotkey automatically adds -site:www.autohotkey.com/docs to exclude the outdated docs. Perhaps it's wise and possible to exclude those by default.
joedf

Post by joedf » 20 Nov 2014, 18:13

Ok hmmm you may be right... I'll see to it...
Anyway, if you click the docs tab you get the AhkScript docs.
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
joedf

Post by joedf » 20 Nov 2014, 18:44

OK, I have deleted the "Legacy Documentation" tab and excluded all results from autohotkey.com/docs/*
geek

Post by geek » 20 Nov 2014, 18:48

GeekBot runs a search for site:ahkscript.org/boards/ OR site:autohotkey.com/board/ to search both forums, and disregard the docs
Blackholyman

Post by Blackholyman » 21 Nov 2014, 01:43

joedf wrote:OK, I have deleted the "Legacy Documentation" tab and excluded all results from autohotkey.com/docs/*
Nice

I also think it still needs to find the most upto date doc's :)
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog
:dance:
joedf

Post by joedf » 19 Feb 2015, 21:43

Blackholyman wrote:... I also think it still needs to find the most upto date doc's :)
\
it is! it uses ahkscript.org/docs ... :P
guest99

Post by guest99 » 05 Aug 2015, 00:08

Using the site's SEARCH function ... once again includes, and seems to prioritize, the old autohotkey.com site.

Also, I am the original BillyBender poster of this thread ... but I am unable log in ... And if I use the "forgot password" link ... the site reports no such email address. If I go back to the old "activation key" mail and click the activation link, I get:
The activation key you supplied does not match any in the database.

Using "guest" as a login tells me that the user name is already in use ...

:(
guest99

Post by guest99 » 05 Aug 2015, 00:17

Oops ... I should have said that my search complaint applied to the "All Results" and the "Forums" tabs that are now created by the "Google Custom Search". The "Documentation" tab happily goes to ahk.org. Somebody should also look at how the "User Sites" tab decides what to include. A lot on not-applicable stuff there, too.
joedf

Post by joedf » 05 Aug 2015, 03:06

I added user sites in there for archival reasons...

Return to “About This Community”