Can't unsubscribe from a topic

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
DaveT1

Can't unsubscribe from a topic

Post by DaveT1 » 27 Jan 2021, 09:15

Hi,

I've reccently subscribed to more forums with the aim of becoming more 'AHK aware'. As expected I get more email notifcations of new topics (good), but I can't seem to unsubscribe from those I'm less interested in (bad). I've tried unsubscribing 2 ways:

1. From the topic settings
image.png
image.png (17.3 KiB) Viewed 707 times
I must confess that I find the 'Subscribe topic' check box a little hard to follow. I would read what's shown in the pic as already being subscribed to the topic. But when I click to uncheck the box I get a pop-up thus:
image.png
image.png (3.72 KiB) Viewed 707 times
So now it seems that the un-checked box means that I'm subscribed to the topic. So I click again to return to being checked, and I get a pop-up telling me that I have unsubscribed. But I still get notifications on the topic.......Ah, just now wondering if the messages in the popups are the wrong way round? Perhaps I need to uncheck the box and ignore the subsequent popup?

2. From the "Unsubscribe topic" link in the notification emails

This takes me to a forum page asking me to confirm that I wish to unsubscribe from the topic in question. I frequently, though not always, get the following message:
image.png
image.png (8.1 KiB) Viewed 707 times
--o0o--

So, I'm figuring that I'm not doing the unsubscribe thing correctly - can anyone give some guidance?

Cheers.
joedf

Re: Can't unsubscribe from a topic

Post by joedf » 27 Jan 2021, 09:44

I'm not sure I've experienced this, but try the Manage Subscriptions page here.
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=subscribed

Hope this helps
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
DaveT1

Re: Can't unsubscribe from a topic

Post by DaveT1 » 27 Jan 2021, 12:43

Many thanks for getting back @joedf, esp. when there seem to be other more important forum issues.

I'm not sure what is going on, but after having gone through the Manage Subscriptions page (and thanks for pointing that out), the topic settings drop down menu now seems to behave differently and more like I would expect. I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can get the hang of it :?

Thanks again for the input.

Return to “Forum Issues”