autocompletion of custom words?

Old Topics related to the original "AutoGUI" ahk script editor.
autocart

autocompletion of custom words?

Post by autocart » 03 May 2019, 08:22

Hi all,

Should the autocompletion of custom words work in version 2.5.7?
Or does it only autocomplete ahk-specific words?

EDIT:
Or is autocompletion of custom words (from inside the current document) that which is meant by "context-aware autocompletion"? (see https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10157&p=229809&hilit=autocomplet*#p229809)

Regards, S.
Alguimist

Re: autocompletion of custom words?

Post by Alguimist » 06 May 2019, 15:53

autocart wrote:
03 May 2019, 08:22
Should the autocompletion of custom words work in version 2.5.7?
Autocompletion of user functions and variables has not been implemented yet.

By "context-aware autocompletion" I mean: you type "Gui", followed by a space or comma, and the autocompletion list popups up showing only the sub-commands of the Gui command (Add, Cancel, Destroy, Font, New, Submit, etc). If the sub-command is "Font", for example, there could be a special parameter in the XML file that indicates that all system fonts (or maybe only those recommended for dialogs) should be displayed in the autocomplete list. This feature may take some time to implement as I will have to restructurate the entire XML file.
autocart

Re: autocompletion of custom words?

Post by autocart » 07 May 2019, 06:27

Ok, thx for the reply.
"Autocompletion of user functions and variables" is a good way of describing what I was hoping for.
I think AutoGUI is an extremly good piece of work. So, please, don't get me wrong when I say that I *really* miss "Autocompletion of user functions and variables". I don't understand how a programmer could work effectively without this feature, constantly typing the names by hand anew, making spelling errors or needing a lot more time to double check or copy and paste. Thanks for reading. AutoGUI is still great.
Regards, S.

Return to “Old Topics”