Bad source code file in error messages

Discuss the development of AutoHotkey_H
bichlepa

Bad source code file in error messages

Post by bichlepa » 28 Sep 2020, 13:56

In the current AutoHotkey_H release (from Jun 25, 2020) the file paths in error messages are broken.
hc_005.png
hc_005.png (9.33 KiB) Viewed 4529 times
hc_004.png
hc_004.png (26.08 KiB) Viewed 4529 times
There is an other problem with the current version, wich seems not to appear in previous version (from Jun 6, 2020).
In large projects sometimes functions in random files get lost. First I thought, that the includes don't work properly.
The code inside the file (outside functions) is executed, but the functions which are defined in the file get lost. When I try to use one of them, I get a message, that the function does not exist.

I tested it with this binary: https://github.com/HotKeyIt/ahkdll-v1-release/blob/master/Win32w/AutoHotkey.exe

I tried to create some test code to reproduce it, but I couldn't. If needed, I can try to reproduce the error in AutoHotFlow and upload the source code.
Scripting is too complicated? Try AutoHotFlow, the graphical automation tool! Written in AutoHotkey.
HotKeyIt

Re: Bad source code file in error messages

Post by HotKeyIt » 28 Sep 2020, 20:17

Do you have example for brocken file path?
I can't imagine how the function would get lost, example code would be helpful.
bichlepa

Re: Bad source code file in error messages

Post by bichlepa » 29 Sep 2020, 09:40

The examples for broken file paths are in the screenshots.
In the first, there are many random characters and the file path which is shown there is wrong.
In the second screenshot, the path is not shown at all.

About the lost functions, I think it would be easier if we make a call with screen sharing, so I can demonstrate it to you. Let's find an appointment PM.
Scripting is too complicated? Try AutoHotFlow, the graphical automation tool! Written in AutoHotkey.

Return to “Development”