Automatic reload of the script stops the execution of the hotkey.

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Rostov

Automatic reload of the script stops the execution of the hotkey.

Post by Rostov » 24 Jan 2021, 16:28

I am using the following code to automatically reload my ahk script every 5 minutes:

Code: Select all

#Persistent

SetTimer, offAndOnAgain, 300000

return

offAndOnAgain:

Reload
return
It works very well. But sometimes, when it is time to automatically reload the script, I am in the process of using a hotkey, the execution of which takes e.g. a few seconds. Then reloading the script stops the execution of the hotkey.

Is it possible that when the script reload time is when a hotkey is being executed, the script reloading will be delayed until the hotkey is executed? In such a way that the automatic reloading of the script does not stop the execution of the hotkey.
braunbaer

Re: Automatic reload of the script stops the execution of the hotkey.

Post by braunbaer » 24 Jan 2021, 16:45

A_TimeIdle
A_TimeIdlePhysical

By the way, what is the idea behind reloading the script all the time?
Rostov

Post by Rostov » 24 Jan 2021, 16:55

@braunbaer, where should I put the values you provided?

In one ahk script I have dozens of hotkeys. Occasionally the script gets stuck. Automatic script reloading is to prevent such jamming of the script in the least expected moment of work.
braunbaer

Post by braunbaer » 27 Jan 2021, 07:38

What do you mean with "jamming"?

And what do you mean with "gets stuck". If something gets stuck, there must be a mistake somewhere in the script that you better should better find and correct instead of building such a workaround.

But if you insist in doing it that way, look for the command "Thread". You can make your hotkey threads uninterruptible by timers.
Rostov

Post by Rostov » 27 Jan 2021, 13:58

@braunbaer, sorry, my english isn't very good so I use Google Translate. For this reason, these differences in terms. I meant that at some point my hotkeys stop working and I need to reload the script for them to start working again.

I have one more question.
Does the command 'Thread, NoTimers, True' reset the timer or does it stop the countdown until the hotkey is finished?
braunbaer

Post by braunbaer » 28 Jan 2021, 10:04

The documentation is not clear about what happens in such a situation. It certainly does not stop the countdown. I suppose the timer routines are executed as soon as the uninterruptible thread finishes, but I am not sure.

BTW, I really would discourage making a periodic reload of the script. Rather a manual reload (I use #+r in my script for that) if something has gone wrong... And then find out what has gone wrong and correct the error...

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”