Will SearchImage work for everybody with same resolution?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Lukk54

Will SearchImage work for everybody with same resolution?

Post by Lukk54 » 21 Apr 2021, 02:05

Hello, if i have script with Searchimage (i take screenshot some application on my pc) and i will send file with images and with script to someone Will it work for him? Application is for everybody same and he has same resolution of monitor as me, but my question is what about nvidia colors etc. Thanks
mikeyww

Re: Will SearchImage work for everybody with same resolution?

Post by mikeyww » 21 Apr 2021, 05:21

I suspect that you will need a set of alternative images, but there is no need to guess about it. Try it!
boiler

Post by boiler » 21 Apr 2021, 07:11

I wrote a piece of software that had over a thousand users which relied on ImageSearch using the same reference image for all users. It was used with all types of resolutions and graphics cards using the same reference image. The only time it was found not to work was when they had their Windows scaling setting at 150% or greater.

It helped that the image being searched was rendered the same by the target application no matter the resolution. Some applications will draw images differently on windows/screens of different sizes, but that shouldn’t be a concern in your case since you are all running the same resolution.
mikeyww

Post by mikeyww » 21 Apr 2021, 09:05

Good intel there! Thanks.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”