possible for Mouse scroll to target horizontal scroll bar when certain window focused

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
LoveGames

possible for Mouse scroll to target horizontal scroll bar when certain window focused

Post by LoveGames » 30 Jul 2021, 12:02

Essentially,
I really hate how the stock software handles mouse scroll in a certain window to change parameters. It's very difficult to navigate.

When this Window is focused, I essentially want mouse scroll blocked from its in software operations, but for the control data to be routed directly to the horizontal scroll bar regardless of where the mouse cursor is. possible?
mikeyww

Re: possible for Mouse scroll to target horizontal scroll bar when certain window focused

Post by mikeyww » 30 Jul 2021, 13:27

Understanding this is difficult, but one sort of example is below.

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive ahk_exe chrome.exe
WheelDown::WheelRight
WheelUp::WheelLeft
#IfWinActive
LoveGames

Re: possible for Mouse scroll to target horizontal scroll bar when certain window focused

Post by LoveGames » 30 Jul 2021, 23:25

mikeyww wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 13:27
Understanding this is difficult, but one sort of example is below.

Code: Select all

#IfWinActive ahk_exe chrome.exe
WheelDown::WheelRight
WheelUp::WheelLeft
#IfWinActive
HMm doesn't seem to work.

It would need to be based off the WIndows name I think with a 'contains' logic. There's to parts to the window name - it's always called 'MixConsole' but, the project name is an added addendum so it ends up 'MixConsole - ProjectName'. So I would have to target contains 'MixConsole'
mikeyww

Post by mikeyww » 31 Jul 2021, 07:11

The meaning here is not clear: "the control data to be routed directly to the horizontal scroll bar". What is "control data"? What is "routed to the scrollbar"?

In any case, this is a demonstration of how to remap your vertical wheel to horizontal wheel. You can always change the window title as shown, to your own as you have indicated. See WinTitle.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”