Best way to run hotkeys/functions of a remote computer's AutoHotkey script?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
jimhoyle

Best way to run hotkeys/functions of a remote computer's AutoHotkey script?

Post by jimhoyle » 02 Aug 2021, 10:58

I use remote connections to control several computers. I use the same AutoHotkey.ahk on all computers and therefore I can use the same basic hotkeys on all my computers, also remotely. But I need additional hotkeys, just for triggering remote-specific stuff remotely, so I'm running out of key combinations, and I'm sure there's a better way of doing this.

I used to be able to do Send +^{F15} (and similar unusual hotkeys) and the remote computer would have +^F15::MsgBox TEST and it would work. However, this doesn't work anymore (F13-F22 stopped working and also e.g. +^#!F8 stopped working). So what is the best way to trigger remote computer's AutoHotkey hotkeys/functions while the remote connection is running? Or what are the best hotkeys to use when there's a need for lots of different hotkeys, when sending the hotkeys from local to remote?

I saw some other solutions, such as running a script that checks for file changes every second or so, but it'd be better if such complexity can be avoided.

For the remote desktop app, I use mostly AnyDesk, but occasionally I have to use also TeamViewer and Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection.
murataygun

Re: Best way to run hotkeys/functions of a remote computer's AutoHotkey script?

Post by murataygun » 03 Aug 2021, 13:39

I use a web server that client scripts checks every two minutes. I enter a command parameter to response that is;
Commandid
Commandlink
Pcname

Scripts checks if the pcname is its name or not. Than checks if the commandid allready executed. İf not. Downloads script from link. Creates an ahk thread and runs it. You need autohotkey_h for this. Ahkthread command.

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”