Joystick Hotkeys Failing Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v2 or newer) and its commands and hotkeys
Coiler

Joystick Hotkeys Failing

Post by Coiler » 07 Apr 2021, 18:27

Has anyone else had issues with basic joystick hotkeys in the newer updates? I've tested it in several scripts, including the joystick test script. GetKeyState returns the correct state of the joystick buttons, but a Joy1::MsgBox("!") won't ever fire. I've tried adding hotkeys to several joystick indices (1Joy1::MsgBox("!") through 10Joy1::MsgBox("!")), and nothing ever seems to fire.

The joystick buttons are showing the correct states in the Windows 10 dialog (in Setup USB Game Controllers in start menu). Everything outside of AHK seems to work fine with both of my controllers, but I can't seem to get the hotkeys to fire.

If I look into key history, nothing is shown when I press joystick buttons (not sure if they used to show). If I view hotkeys (Hotkeys and their methods), it shows the joystick hotkeys correctly in the list, even though they don't seem to do anything.

Is this a known issue? Maybe some work-around I haven't managed to discover? Really appreciate any help. I've been running in circles.
Coiler

Re: Joystick Hotkeys Failing

Post by Coiler » 08 Apr 2021, 06:30

Thanks for pointing that out. Does anyone know the latest version that still worked with joystick hotkeys? I changed all of my references to use &syntax, and probably several other things, so hoping I don't have to undo the progress just to redo it later.
boiler

Post by boiler » 08 Apr 2021, 06:35

I don’t know if it was the last version that still worked, but I know a122 did work.
Coiler

Post by Coiler » 08 Apr 2021, 13:56

They don't seem to work in a128, a129, or a130. I can't go any further back without having to change variable referencing syntax. Looks like I'm stuck waiting. Easier to wait than re-write all of that ByRef syntax.
swagfag

Post by swagfag » 09 Apr 2021, 01:11

or u can just apply the patch and recompile, since its been fixed already...

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/Lexikos/AutoHotkey_L.git
cd AutoHotkey_L
git cherry-pick dcb25d

Return to “Ask for Help (v2)”