AutoHotkey or Phyton, Selenium?

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
mstfaksm

AutoHotkey or Phyton, Selenium?

Post by mstfaksm » 22 Jan 2021, 07:51

Hello All,
I am newbie on AHK and trying to create simple automation tools for my company. I create these tools but only works on my computer due to I use mouse position to click some buttons or actions. Therefore, I know need to use Xpath or other direct methods to avoid this issue, but I cannot open all colleagues chrome app with debug mode, or cannot adjust all settings. I am confused about using Phyton will be solved my problem to create an exe file or not, not sure.(Entry level on Phyton as well :()

If you advise and enlighten me I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance
mikeyww

Re: AutoHotkey or Phyton, Selenium?

Post by mikeyww » 22 Jan 2021, 07:55

Yes, AHK is a great automation tool and can work with Chrome and other programs. Looking at some of the documentation may help. This forum is also a rich source of information, troubleshooting, and examples. You would need to spend time learning the language and syntax, but doing simple things is, well, simple!
mstfaksm

Post by mstfaksm » 22 Jan 2021, 08:01

mikeyww wrote: Yes, AHK is a great automation tool and can work with Chrome and other programs. Looking at some of the documentation may help. This forum is also a rich source of information, troubleshooting, and examples. You would need to spend time learning the language and syntax, but doing simple things is, well, simple!
Hi Dear, thanks for your reply. I am not sure AHK can work with Chrome without debugging mode. My colleagues are really lack of computer skills, I need to send them a simple exe file or ahk file only. :|
mikeyww

Post by mikeyww » 22 Jan 2021, 08:21

It depends what you need to do. I'm not a Chrome-AHK expert, but there is a Chrome.ahk library that helps many users manipulate Chrome in various ways. Yes, I believe that some of that requires the debug mode. You can also execute JavaScript, from what I understand. If you search this forum for Chrome, you will see many examples that will give you an idea of the capabilities.

You can also work with IE objects using COM, and GUI has some capabilities with ActiveX.

The Chrome experts can chime in here with more details!
mstfaksm

Post by mstfaksm » 25 Jan 2021, 04:00

Hi Dear,

Thanks for your info.

Waiting replies from The Chrome experts

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”