Need help setting up a Diablo 3 Autocast Script

Ask gaming related questions
davelikestacos

Need help setting up a Diablo 3 Autocast Script

12 May 2016, 20:58

Basically, I'm playing a Demon Hunter, and I'm using a Ten-Keyless Keyboard so I don't have access to the Numlock trick everyone does. My Vengeance spell is bound to the 1 key, and I'd like for that to autocast as soon as it comes off cooldown.

If anyone is familiar with this and has done this without a keyboard with a number pad, I'd appreciate any help you could provide :)
Xtra

Re: Need help setting up a Diablo 3 Autocast Script

13 May 2016, 01:43

Have you tried binding the numlock key to one of the keys you do have?

Example:

Code: Select all

1::NumLock
davelikestacos

13 May 2016, 07:29

Xtra wrote:Have you tried binding the numlock key to one of the keys you do have?

Example:

1::NumLock
I did, but since I don't have a NumPad on my keyboard, I can't bind any of my Skills to NumPad1, NumPad2, etc...therefore just having a NumLock bind does not work. If I bind my J key to NumPad1 with AutoHotKey, would I be able to bind the skill I want to autocast to J in Diablo 3?

I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm just completely new to this and have no idea what I'm doing. I tried working out a few things on my own but they ended up not working.

If I wanted to bind NumLock to End, and then Up Arrow to NumPad 1, Left NumPad 2, Down NumPad 3, and Right NumPad 4, how would that look in script form?
Shadowpheonix

13 May 2016, 09:45

davelikestacos wrote:I did, but since I don't have a NumPad on my keyboard, I can't bind any of my Skills to NumPad1, NumPad2, etc...therefore just having a NumLock bind does not work. If I bind my J key to NumPad1 with AutoHotKey, would I be able to bind the skill I want to autocast to J in Diablo 3?
It should, yes.

davelikestacos wrote:If I wanted to bind NumLock to End, and then Up Arrow to NumPad 1, Left NumPad 2, Down NumPad 3, and Right NumPad 4, how would that look in script form?
It would look something like this...

End::NumLock
Up::NumPad1
Left::Numpad2
Down::NumPad3
Right::NumPad4
davelikestacos

13 May 2016, 09:55

Shadowpheonix wrote:
davelikestacos wrote:I did, but since I don't have a NumPad on my keyboard, I can't bind any of my Skills to NumPad1, NumPad2, etc...therefore just having a NumLock bind does not work. If I bind my J key to NumPad1 with AutoHotKey, would I be able to bind the skill I want to autocast to J in Diablo 3?
It should, yes.

davelikestacos wrote:If I wanted to bind NumLock to End, and then Up Arrow to NumPad 1, Left NumPad 2, Down NumPad 3, and Right NumPad 4, how would that look in script form?
It would look something like this...

End::NumLock
Up::NumPad1
Left::Numpad2
Down::NumPad3
Right::NumPad4
Awesome, thanks for the response! So I'd basically input that into a new script file, and add return at the end right?
Shadowpheonix

13 May 2016, 10:05

davelikestacos wrote:Awesome, thanks for the response! So I'd basically input that into a new script file, and add return at the end right?
If that is your entire script file, there is no need to add a Return at the end. However, you may want to add #IfWinActive, ahk_exe Diablo3.exe to the beginning. Doing so will make it so those key remappings are only active when you have Diablo 3 running.

That having been said, if I played Diablo 3 myself, I would probably skip creating my own AutoHotkey macros and instead go with...
davelikestacos

13 May 2016, 11:22

Shadowpheonix wrote:
davelikestacos wrote:Awesome, thanks for the response! So I'd basically input that into a new script file, and add return at the end right?
If that is your entire script file, there is no need to add a Return at the end. However, you may want to add #IfWinActive, ahk_exe Diablo3.exe to the beginning. Doing so will make it so those key remappings are only active when you have Diablo 3 running.

That having been said, if I played Diablo 3 myself, I would probably skip creating my own AutoHotkey macros and instead go with...
Thanks again for the help, and thanks for the link to diablospammer. I might consider giving that a shot if I can't get AHK to work.
Xtra

13 May 2016, 11:47

@davelikestacos

If you don't find a way to get it to work with binding numlock post back here 2 full screen images of the game one with your skill on 50% cooldown and one not on cooldown. (blur/blank out your portrait name)
Xtra

13 May 2016, 15:06

After thinking about it this does exactly what the numlock trick does.

Press 1 once to hold the key down press again to release it. (toggle)

$1::Send % (t1:=!t1) ? "{1 Down}" : "{1 Up}"
I tested this and it works but it seems if you try to do more than one key it doesn't work correctly.
If you only need the one ability you should be good to go.

Give it a try.
davelikestacos

13 May 2016, 17:01

Xtra wrote:After thinking about it this does exactly what the numlock trick does.

Press 1 once to hold the key down press again to release it. (toggle)

$1::Send % (t1:=!t1) ? "{1 Down}" : "{1 Up}"
I tested this and it works but it seems if you try to do more than one key it doesn't work correctly.
If you only need the one ability you should be good to go.

Give it a try.
This worked great! Only annoying thing is it constantly says 'This Skill is Not Ready." constantly on my screen. The NumLock script successfully changed my arrow keys to the NUMPAD numbers, but End as NumLock doesn't seem to be working as when I release End + Up, it does not autocast the skill. When I go to keybinds, Up successfully binds as NumPad1 though.

Return to “Gaming”