Buggy Help (chm) file of AHK 1.1.30

Report problems with documented functionality
m33mt33n
Facebook: m33mt33n

Buggy Help (chm) file of AHK 1.1.30

09 Sep 2018, 06:36

Hi,

After installing latest ahk 1.1.30, when I open help file found it very buggy.

1- Consuming very high amount of memory.
2- Search tab not working for queries with spaces in them, error message "object doesn't supper this property or method".
3- Input box behaves strangely and very slow.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks
Ragnar

Re: Buggy Help (chm) file of AHK 1.1.30

09 Sep 2018, 13:10

For users of Windows XP and/or a low-end PC it is recommended to use the old sidebar by following the steps mentioned here.

The error message only appears on Windows XP (or on a system with IE8), but can probably be fixed. I'll see what I can do.
Alguimist

11 Sep 2018, 04:20

The help file with the classic style sidebar is included with AutoGUI.
Scoox

28 Jan 2019, 19:05

I have also encountered a problem with the new help file: the Ctrl+F text search box misses characters when typing very fast, so for example if I type "hidden" only "hiddn" or "hidde" is registered. Has anyone else noticed this?
Scoox

28 Jan 2019, 19:13

I like the new help UI but there's one thing which was definitely better in the old help.

First, a bit of background. I have configured my new help file to select the Index tab when it starts (Gear icon > Selected Tab = Index). In the old help there was no such setting—it would simply remember the last selected tab. That's not the issue though, and I prefer the way the new help provides a setting. The issue is that in the old help would pre-focus the Index search box on start, ready for users to type into. In the new help, the index search box is not pre-focused and requires users to click it before they can actually start searching. Alternative, one press of the Tab key focuses the search box, too. In any case, it's still extra work for no gain. I wish this could be improved, thanks!
Ragnar

29 Jan 2019, 05:29

Scoox wrote: I have also encountered a problem with the new help file: the Ctrl+F text search box misses characters when typing very fast, so for example if I type "hidden" only "hiddn" or "hidde" is registered. Has anyone else noticed this?
No, I couldn't reproduce this issue (tested on Win10/IE11 and WinXP/IE8).
Scoox wrote: the index search box is not pre-focused and requires users to click it before they can actually start searching.
This will be fixed. It seems to be only an issue for IE/CHM and Edge.
Scoox

29 Jan 2019, 05:35

Ragnar wrote:
29 Jan 2019, 05:29
Scoox wrote: I have also encountered a problem with the new help file: the Ctrl+F text search box misses characters when typing very fast, so for example if I type "hidden" only "hiddn" or "hidde" is registered. Has anyone else noticed this?
No, I couldn't reproduce this issue (tested on Win10/IE11 and WinXP/IE8).
Scoox wrote: the index search box is not pre-focused and requires users to click it before they can actually start searching.
This will be fixed. It seems to be only an issue for IE/CHM and Edge.
Excellent! Regarding the missed characters, I have no idea what could be causing it but it's real. For me it only happens with the pop-up search box, if I search the index no the left hand side it works fine. Will keep an eye on this in case I notice something else that might shed light on the issue. Cheers

Return to “Bug Reports”