Ctrl + Shift + Win + B

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
therealbuzzkill

Ctrl + Shift + Win + B

09 Jan 2019, 16:12

Hi all

I'm trying to set up a script that will send the combination Ctrl+Shift+Win+B when the script is run (i.e., no triggers other than the script being started). This key combination reloads the display driver - I have found no other way to do this.

The plan is to then schedule the script e.g. when Windows resumes from sleep.

Could anyone help me out with the code I need to make this run? I have tried many combinations but none seem to work.

Kind regards
Scr1pter

Re: Ctrl + Shift + Win + B

10 Jan 2019, 20:06

Hi,

Just post what you have already tried.
But your simple Send command works?
Send ^+#b

Cheers!
I ignore every thread which contains the P-word :x
(Hint: It rhymes on Shython)
Please do not support cheaters!
Keyboard: Logitech G15 FE - Mice: Logitech G9 FE, G502 FE, G602 - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - AHK version: 1.1.29.00
Net_Wars

11 Jan 2019, 06:58

Try the code posted here: https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewt ... ep#p180609
Add Send, ^+#{b} at the end of code (instead of MsgBox command)

I found that code to help You and now I'm using this for sending NumLock after waking up laptop. Windows 10 is turning NumLock off after sleep when locking is enabled (even after changing values in registry that should set NumLock always on)
Hi,
I was trying make this on my own but I'm good only in basics. :facepalm:

Sorry for my bad English. If something is unclear I will try better next time. :headwall:
therealbuzzkill

11 Jan 2019, 14:50

Thank you for your replies. Unfortunately nothing seems to work. I have set up this script as a test:

a::
Send ^+#1

When a is pressed, the combination Ctrl+Shift+Win+1 opens the first application pinned to the taskbar with administrative rights. This script works as intended.

However when I replace 1 with b it does not do what it's supposed to do. Try this key combination yourself - all it does is restart the display driver, so the screen goes black one second.

I'm starting to think this is a Windows limitation.
Net_Wars

12 Jan 2019, 06:47

Maybe try Custom Resolution Utility mentioned here https://www.nextofwindows.com/windows-1 ... g-computer
Hi,
I was trying make this on my own but I'm good only in basics. :facepalm:

Sorry for my bad English. If something is unclear I will try better next time. :headwall:
therealbuzzkill

14 Jan 2019, 12:58

Thanks, that seems to do the trick, but it takes a couple of seconds longer and also displays a pop-up once the driver is restarted.

The hotkey version would be fab if I could get it to run, but I might just have to settle for the custom resolution utility.

Return to “Ask For Help”