Is there any code to control what information browsers give out?

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
omar

Is there any code to control what information browsers give out?

13 Jan 2019, 19:09

I don't want to be tracked - the same way Facebook can track you and pinpoint your characteristics and habits and a zillion other things.

I'd want to change small things that is given to the domain/server accessed - like screen resolution or list of fonts installed.

I've done research and you can user user agent extensions in Firefox and Chrome.
These only change basic details like the browser used and nothing else.
There is a setting in Firefox where you can manually edit - I can't remember where I saw this.

Is there anything in AHK that does any of this?
I was hoping someone might have written a script for this purpose?

Thanks.
Thoughtfu1Tux

Re: Is there any code to control what information browsers give out?

13 Jan 2019, 20:45

No, there is nothing in autohotkey that you can use to prevent your browser from accessing your system information. You will have to look into sandboxing applications for that.

But it would be much much easier if you just installed some privacy related extensions like Umatrix, cookie Autodelete, unlock Origin. They help prevent the Javascriptlets from running on a webpage so that the page doesn’t even request those system details from your browser, then cookie Autodelete just deletes any cookies that might have been set by a page so you can’t be tracked through your cookies.

you should also look into: decentraleyes, skip redirect, canvas block and SmartHTTPS. They’re all privacy related and I have them installed on all my devices.
omar

Re: Is there any code to control what information browsers give out?

13 Jan 2019, 22:29

thanks for the reply.
i didn't wan to use tools to fully block as such. :)
from what i've read, this makes u stick out even more - you and a few others are the only ones hiding whereas millions of others aren't.

i thought some nice person might have wrote a few lines of code to launch a browser and pass some settings through - some select settings - not complete different and strange ones

Return to “Ask For Help”