SoundPlay mp3 or SoundBeep during a game doesn't work. Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
Snacko

SoundPlay mp3 or SoundBeep during a game doesn't work.

Yesterday, 13:04

I play a flight simulator called DCS and setup my throttle to play a sound when it gets to about 80% on the axis so that I know I am at Max Military power before going full Afterburner. (some throttles have a detent/bump in the axis, mine doesn't)

This works perfectly when I am not playing the game. When I move my throttle to the correct position, it plays the sound. But when I am playing the game it doesn't work. While the game is running, and if I click on a desktop window and test it, it works fine. If I click back on the game and test it, it doesn't work.

There is an option in the Windows Audio Output to allow applications to take exclusive control of an output. I have unchecked this, but it also made no difference.

The ErrorLevel does not pop up any errors. So, I don't know what is wrong.

I can play songs in WinAmp while the game is running, but this SoundPlay and SoundBeep do not work.

Code: Select all

^!\::  ; Ctrl+Alt+\

; Soundset, -20 ;lowers volume
	; Soundset, +20;raises volume back to original
;	SoundSetWaveVolume, 70  ; Set the volume to its half-way point.

SoundBeep, 750, 500 
;	SoundPlay, SmallClick.mp3, WAIT

if ErrorLevel
		MsgBox, ErrorLevel

;Msgbox "beep"

return
Snacko

Re: SoundPlay mp3 or SoundBeep during a game doesn't work.  Topic is solved

Today, 12:59

I finally found out that I had to put the ~ (Tilda) key in front of the Hotkey command. This allowed the Hotkey to passthrough my game app, and 'be seen' by Hotkey.

Return to “Ask For Help”