Remapping CTRL + h as backspace Topic is solved

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
huberoliver

Remapping CTRL + h as backspace

22 May 2019, 02:58

I have remapped Capslock as CTRL. I am also trying to use CTRL + h as backspace, i.e., deleting the first token left to the current cursor position:

Capslock::Ctrl

^h::
send {BS}
return

Using the actual CTRL keys in combination with the h key does the job: If I hold the CTRL key and press the key, one token gets deleted to the left. The same is true for pressing and holding Capslock and the h key. HOWEVER: Trying to delete more than one token to the left is easy with the actual CTRL key: I simply keep the CTRL key pressed and press the h key as many times as tokens I want to delete. This does not work with the remapped Capslock key though. In this key, I have to release the Capslock key each time I want to use the h key to delete I token. If I do not do that (i.e., if I just keep the Capslock key pressed), the letter "h" gets printed to the screen.

Any chance I could make the remapping of the Capslock key "persistent"?
elModo7

Re: Remapping CTRL + h as backspace

22 May 2019, 03:50

Try this:

Code: Select all

:X:^h::DoBackSpace()

DoBackSpace(){
    while(GetKeyState("LControl","H"))
    {
        Send {BS}
        Sleep 50
    }
}
:beer:
huberoliver

22 May 2019, 05:31

This did unfortunately not solve the issue. Using your code, pressing Capslock and H does not have any effect anymore.
Sam_

Re: Remapping CTRL + h as backspace  Topic is solved

22 May 2019, 16:09

huberoliver wrote:
22 May 2019, 02:58
I have remapped Capslock as CTRL. I am also trying to use CTRL + h as backspace, i.e., deleting the first token left to the current cursor position:

Capslock::Ctrl

^h::
send {BS}
return

Using the actual CTRL keys in combination with the h key does the job: If I hold the CTRL key and press the key, one token gets deleted to the left. The same is true for pressing and holding Capslock and the h key. HOWEVER: Trying to delete more than one token to the left is easy with the actual CTRL key: I simply keep the CTRL key pressed and press the h key as many times as tokens I want to delete. This does not work with the remapped Capslock key though. In this key, I have to release the Capslock key each time I want to use the h key to delete I token. If I do not do that (i.e., if I just keep the Capslock key pressed), the letter "h" gets printed to the screen.

Any chance I could make the remapping of the Capslock key "persistent"?
I was unable to reproduce your results. I tried your code as well as

Capslock::LCtrl
^h::Send,{Backspace}
and

#InstallKeybdHook
Capslock::LCtrl
^h::Send,{Backspace}
Both seem to be working as you want. Maybe make sure you are using the latest version of AHK. There have been a few bug fixes concerning hotkeys and hotstrings in the near past.
huberoliver

23 May 2019, 01:36

Bugger - the upgrade from 1.0x to the latest version solved the issue. Should have done that before wasting everybody's time. Thx for your support!

Return to “Ask For Help”