AutoHotkey is affecting how long I must hold a mouse button

Get help with using AutoHotkey and its commands and hotkeys
alancantor

AutoHotkey is affecting how long I must hold a mouse button

23 May 2020, 22:16

During the past few days, the length of time I must hold the left mouse button to activate it has increased to almost a second, and sometimes several seconds. When I exit AutoHotkey, the hold-down-time usually (but not always) returns to normal (i.e., a quick click). Mouse movements are not affected.

I have hundreds of AHK scripts. Very few of these scripts have anything to do with the mouse. I recently did a massive rewrite of AHK scripts after migrating from Windows 7 to 10, so I revised many scripts.

Is there a known issue of AHK affecting the sensitivity of mouse actions? A specific instruction? Using too many includes? Compiled vs. non-compiled? If I know about issues that have been previously identified, it will make it easier for me to trouble-shoot.

It's almost as though I have inadvertently turned on FilterKeys; but instead of affecting the keyboard, it's affecting the mouse.

I've taken a few troubleshooting steps already: rebooting the computer, disabling as many background applications as I dare, etc.
boiler

Re: AutoHotkey is affecting how long I must hold a mouse button

23 May 2020, 22:22

You have hundreds of AHK scripts running at the same time?
alancantor

Yesterday, 05:14

Well, I guess my scripts are not running simultaneously. But I do have hundreds of scripts available to perform a variety of repetitive tasks: launch applications, manipulate strings, repair typing errors on the fly, etc.

The majority of my scripts are hotkey or hotstring activated. Only a small handful have anything to do with the mouse.

The weird mouse behaviour began suddenly a day or two ago.
boiler

Yesterday, 05:25

You might want to check your CPU usage via Task Manager. Perhaps you have scripts running that are maxing out your CPU or at least significantly taxing it.

When you say, “When I exit AutoHotkey,” does that mean by closing any actively running scripts? Are you killing any AHK processes via Task Manager?

I would suggest as a test running only one script at a time and see if any one of them causes this behavior, and if not, add one at a time until you identify what combination of scripts results in the problem to isolate the issue.

Return to “Ask For Help”