How to use AHK to press 4 button combo in ps4 controller.

Ask gaming related questions
Ubbe

How to use AHK to press 4 button combo in ps4 controller.

23 Jul 2020, 23:12

Hello!

I have used little bit and i can do very basic stuff with it.

I'm currently playing game in my ps4. And i need to do special move which requires me to press 'up', 'down', 'right' and 'square' fast.

I can use DS4Windows to press keyboard keys with my controller. But how do make ahk to press that combo when i press R1 on my controller.

So my idea was to bind keyboard key F to controllers R1 for example. Then bind 'W' to 'up', 'S' to 'down', 'D' to 'right' and 'E' to 'square'.
Then use ahk to make that combo when i press 'R1' on controller, ahk presses 'W', 'S', 'D' and 'E', which sends those binded commands to my controller.

I hope you understand what i ment. And i have no idea if this even possible using ahk or something else. If not, do you know any way to do that combo.

Edit:
It is possible to interact with pc while playing ps4.
I have done that when i was speedrunning some ps4 games. I used Ps4 remote play to record gameplay, then i connected my controller to pc using usb. There is lot of inputlag if i play on pc screen when using remote play, but when i look at tv and play there is no lag. Then i used DS4Windows to bind R1 to 'spacebar' in keyboard, to use my timer software on my pc.
ahk1

Re: How to use AHK to press 4 button combo in ps4 controller.

24 Sep 2020, 08:48

Hello Ubbe,
I used a ps4 dualshock 4 controller wireless mode and DS4Windows on windows 7,with some game emulators and using Autohotkey i could make the controller buttons and analog stick to toggle a key on the keyboard. You can use a controller button to click multiple keys in succession or do other different things.
If you have the time or someone else that has more time and can help you, you can use my script for the game controller:
https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=81380
From the script, you need the part where you detect the controller (called joystick by autohotkey) and the part where the controller button are instructed to do something when pressed. You don't need the whole toggle part.

Return to “Gaming”