Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

nomousy - Disable/Hide your mouse pointer [CMD]

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic
corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
  • Last active: Nov 01 2014 03:23 PM

Posted Image nomousy.exe - A small utility designed to hide and/or restrict mouse cursor movement.

- version 1.5 beta

Options: (all options are NOT case sensitive)

Hide the mouse cursor:
/hide
/h
-hide
-h
hide
h

Restrict the mouse to its' current location:
/freeze
/f
-freeze
-f
freeze
f

Cursor hiding options:
Hide all:
/all
-all
all

Selective hiding:
These following options (with - sign) should not have any spaces between them but may be in any order

UPARROW: -up
ARROW: -ar
IBEAM: -ib
CROSS: -cr
SIZENWSE: -nwse
SIZENESW: -nesw
SIZEWE: -we
SIZENS: -ns
WAIT: -wa
APPSTARTING: -as
ICON: -ic
HAND: -ha
SIZE: -si
SIZEALL: -sa
NO: -no

Restore mouse cursor:
To restore the cursor run nomousy.exe again (with or without options)

Examples:

- hide cursor but allow movement:
nomousy.exe /hide

- hide only ARROW and IBEAM and allow movement:
nomousy.exe -ar-ib

- restrict movement only
nomousy.exe -f

- hide cursor and restrict movement
nomousy.exe /f -h

- restrict movement and hide IBEAM only
nomousy.exe -freeze -ib

- restore cursor
nomousy.exe

Download

Website

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
This utility is a work in progress. Any feedback, bug reports, etc... welcome :)...

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
@ corrupt
I've no doubt that it will make it to become one of my favourites (if it'll be freeware :wink: )

Back to the track:

1) as the h param is used to trigger the mouse hiding, I'd recommend to use ?; /?; -help; --help if you think about to provide a standard command line syntax help :D

2) Maybe you can edit the threads topic to this: Mousy - En-/Disable/Hide your mouse pointer [CMD]. This way it'll follow a kinda AHK-Utilitiy-Section-Standard. Thx for listening.

Great work. Waiting for your next strike :wink:

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
How to close nomousy.exe itself
:shock:
????

Nomousy.exe /hide ; hide mouse pointer
Nomousy.exe ; restore mouse pointer
Nomousy.exe /e ; exit/kill the nomousy process/task

e;/e;/exit,-e;-exit

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts

How to close nomousy.exe itself
:shock:
????

Nomousy.exe /hide ; hide mouse pointer
Nomousy.exe ; restore mouse pointer
Nomousy.exe /e ; exit/kill the nomousy process/task

e;/e;/exit,-e;-exit

Restore mouse cursor:
To restore the cursor run nomousy.exe again (with or without options)

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Once you've started nomousy, its an existing/running task which you can identify in the Taskmanager. Regardless that you've restored/switched on the mouse again - the previous Nomousy instance/session/task still exists.

So the question isn't about the mouse pointer.
It's about Nomousy itself.

Hope that clarifies it.

?

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
  • Last active: Feb 24 2008 04:22 AM
Hmm. I've tested it further, and other people who use CursorXP might like to know this:

[*:1b8ydirt]This program does not hide CursorXP cursors.
[*:1b8ydirt]It does hide the system .ani's that CursorXP is on top of, so you can use the global hotkey Ctrl + Shift + C to disable it.
[*:1b8ydirt]When CursorXP is running, nomousy.exe is unable to restore the system .ani's automatically after hiding them unless you restore them manually in the "Mouse pointer" control panel. Thus, after running nomousy once with a hide parameter, Ctrl + Shift + C becomes your hide/restore hotkey.
[*:1b8ydirt]Freezing still works fine.

BoBo
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hm, looks like I've to appologize. :oops:
Once Nomousy has been executed without any param, it dissappears from the tasklist. That's it. :D

corrupt Posted: Feb 6 2005, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi Bobo .

Yes, nomousy.exe is freeware and welcome.

That info has been taken from [here]

Thx corrupt. Will provide an AHK-Nomousy-SnapOn in the script section till COB. :D

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts

Hmm. I've tested it further, and other people who use CursorXP might like to know this:

[*:3g9660x5]This program does not hide CursorXP cursors.
[*:3g9660x5]It does hide the system .ani's that CursorXP is on top of, so you can use the global hotkey Ctrl + Shift + C to disable it.
[*:3g9660x5]When CursorXP is running, nomousy.exe is unable to restore the system .ani's automatically after hiding them unless you restore them manually in the "Mouse pointer" control panel. Thus, after running nomousy once with a hide parameter, Ctrl + Shift + C becomes your hide/restore hotkey.
[*:3g9660x5]Freezing still works fine.

I should have a fix for restoring animated cursors soon... The current issue with animated cursors not being restored is not limited to CursorXP :( but I'll have a look at CursorXP a bit later and do a bit of testing.

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts

Once Nomousy has been executed without any param, it dissappears from the tasklist. That's it. :D

Thanks for the feedback BoBo :) . Adding additional params resulted in many structural changes. If you discover that nomousy does not terminate for you when run a second time (with or without params) in some instances please let me know.

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts

I should have a fix for restoring animated cursors soon... The current issue with animated cursors not being restored is not limited to CursorXP Sad but I'll have a look at CursorXP a bit later and do a bit of testing.

Neither the CursorXP cursors nor the system .ani's were animated... well, except for the busy icon on the CursorXP theme. That was it, though. But I meant that all system icons, no matter the scheme, are permanently hidden until manually restored.

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts

Neither the CursorXP cursors nor the system .ani's were animated... well, except for the busy icon on the CursorXP theme. That was it, though. But I meant that all system icons, no matter the scheme, are permanently hidden until manually restored.

Thanks for clarifying jonny :) . A few things might be causing this effect. I'll have to do some testing with CursorXP.

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts
Version 1.5 beta now available (Download)

- Added support for animated cursors

Later: CursorXP testing... I may be wrong... but it looks like CursorXP may be setting the system cursors to a custom transparent cursor then displaying its own instead using a different method. Currently, nomousy copies the current cursors, sets the cursors to a custom transparent cursor, then restores them using the original values found. If CursorXP is using a transparent cursor also then nomousy ends up copying and restoring the transparent cursor leaving the system with transparent cursors... If this is the case then CursorXP's functionality will need to be disabled before activating nomousy then re-enabled after restoring settings using nomousy.

PS - CursorXP required a manual uninstall on my system :( (not related to nomousy).

jonny
  • Members
  • 2951 posts
Well, not that hard then, I guess. I haven't tried yet, but it should be as simple as sending a Ctrl+Shift+C with AHK and then sleeping for a second or so. Thanks for testing.

corrupt
  • Members
  • 2558 posts

Well, not that hard then, I guess. I haven't tried yet, but it should be as simple as sending a Ctrl+Shift+C with AHK and then sleeping for a second or so. Thanks for testing.

No problem :). A few more notes about CursorXP... If the CursorXP.exe process is closed using Task Manager the system cursors may appear back to normal but do not always restore properly (even if CursorXP is uninstalled). Enabling/disabling CursorXP and manually restoring system icons (a few times until the right combo is found) may be necessary to allow nomousy to hide the cursor again :? . Once I was able to disable CursorXP and get nomousy to hide icons again I uninstalled CursorXP only to find a message saying that the registry entries had been deleted but that I had to manually remove the directory and any shortcuts created by the installer :evil: .