Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings...

• Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic
gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
  • Last active: Aug 12 2016 07:49 PM
Hey guys, i'll try to figure out a solution for this, i'm not sure why some pcs always assign the same id each boot and some dont... I think i'll have to identify the mice a different way (internally) or at least ask you to re-pick the lefty if it cant save it

Thanks for the feedback

Tung
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Hey guys, i'll try to figure out a solution for this, i'm not sure why some pcs always assign the same id each boot and some dont... I think i'll have to identify the mice a different way (internally) or at least ask you to re-pick the lefty if it cant save it

Thanks for the feedback

A workaround seems to work if you delay startup of EitherMouse.

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
Thanks for the info, i'll investigate as well, but maybe a command line param for the startup shortcut could be added to alleviate any issues

I also found the proper winAPI method to swap buttons for real (without hotkeys) so i'll try to work out a new version

Anyone interested in the cursor arrow mirroring along with "lefty" mouse?
- gwarble

Tung
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Anyone interested in the cursor arrow mirroring along with "lefty" mouse?
- gwarble

Yes, that would be real nice. :)

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
alright, here's a new beta version...

added flipped cursor for lefty mouse...
added "-delay seconds" command line parameter
added startup shortcut "delayed startup" option

and a little code cleanup... more to come and optimization of everything, including optional WinApi SwapMouseButtons method instead of current hotkey method...

please give it a try, let me know what you think, any feedback appreciated (and thanks to everyone who has)

EitherMouse.exe v0.42

thanks
- gwarble

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
dang, i can't figure out how to load resource from modified ahkSC.bin with cursors... new version still using FileInstall, i guess i'll have to go to the inline hex method... now you've got (under advanced) option for which mouse cursor style (XP or 7), or no cursor swapping... adding a settings dialog now to make it all a little easier, and improve saving of settings...

EitherMouse.exe v0.43

command line (-source) or menu option to extract source, including the AHK.bin file for Compile() (has the icons, etc)

feedback appreciated, next version will include WinAPI SwapMouseButtons option instead of hotkeys...

- gwarble

also i'll add the ability to use your own cursors, for now you can replace the files in \Cursors\

Tung
  • Guests
  • Last active:
This is brilliant, gwarble. :)

And I love the automatic lefty / righty cursor. :D

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
Hehe hardly, but thanks

I havent worked on this in a while, and i've learned some stuff since then so when i make the time ill work on a nice clean interface/code version (v1.0 maybe??) because lots still need improving... eventually

I love feedback, keeps me motivated to work on projects like this (i'm not a lefty but originally wrote this for the shop's office manager's computer, so i and others could use it without mucking with settings and leaving her to do the same)

thanks
- gwarble

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
Tung or anyone else with the startup settings failure try the -delay option?

Successful? if so i can make it default or try to find out what is happening out of order to hopefully not need it

More lefty cursors feedback? worth incorporating?

cleaned up version soon, anyone have an opinion on an installer vs. the way it self installs now?

Thanks,
gwarble

Tung
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I certainly would like to keep the lefty cursor.

kloaknet
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hi there, great work with the flipping cursor, however ;), i have the mouse buttons flipped to left handed users (in the windows settings), and now my left hand has a right mouse cursor and etc. :shock:

Chronic
  • Guests
  • Last active:

Hi there, great work with the flipping cursor, however ;), i have the mouse buttons flipped to left handed users (in the windows settings), and now my left hand has a right mouse cursor and etc. :shock:

Then flip the buttons back. It is not necessary with EitherMouse.

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
Yup, as it is now you gotta use default windows setting, but it shouldnt matter unless you arent always using EitherMouse

Thanks for the feedback, ill fix it this evening

Also some more improvements to come soon, i learned a lot about raw input recently and will clean up this app and solve all the issues i know of... Also figured out a solution for keyboards, which i attempted years ago (with eitherKbd in this thread) unsuccessfully, i finally figured out a solution over the last couple weeks which is pretty cool

gwarble

gwarble
  • Members
  • 624 posts
still not perfect, but here's version 0.46 and a website v0.0

fixed issue when windows is set to swapped to begin with, but a reload is necessary after first assignment... more code cleanup should fix the fix

menu cleaned up a little, next version should have a proper settings gui

now using "System Method" by default, instead of hotkey overrides of left and right buttons! finally threw that in, works flawlessly
this should relieve any issues anyone may have had interacting with other programs/games/mouse gestures/etc... you can select the old hotkey method if it worked better

settings should save better, including cursor settings, but again i'll add a gui so i didn't perfect the menu settings

feedback greatly appreciated (except on the website, clearly its not really started yet)

EitherMouse.exe version 0.46
<!-- m -->http://www.EitherMouse.com<!-- m -->

enjoy and please report any bugs, but remember its still a work in progress and may not be totally stable
- gwarble

Oden
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Wow, that's a very handy app for ambidextrous people or people with mouse wrist problems.

Thanks. :)