Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

7plus V. 2.5.0 - Improve Explorer/Win, Launcher, Automation

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic
fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
  • Last active: Nov 12 2012 08:51 PM
Note: Many things have changed since this post. The latest version is now 2.5.0. Please check the project page for recent information: http://code.google.com/p/7plus/
I want to present you the program I've been working on in the last few months, 7plus.

It's a program that enhances windows by many features, and improves things that MS screwed up ;)

Some features
- Store favorite folders and recall them for very fast navigation (Video 1) (Video 2)
- Upload files, screenshots and clipboard content directly to an FTP server with just one hotkey (Video)
- Program launcher like Launchy or Exekutor with many integrated plugins
- Create new folders and textfiles by pressing F8/F7 (Video)
- Paste text or image from clipboard as file (Video)
- Show favorite folders in the explorer folder band bar like Web Browser favorite bars (Video)
- Make Backspace go upwards again (Video)
- Set windows to be "Always on top" by right clicking the title bar (Video)
- Activate blinking windows and toggle between current and previous window with Capslock (Video)
- Close windows by middle clicking task buttons (Video)
- Paste previous clipboard text entries by pressing WIN+V (Video)
- Use a Joypad/Gamepad to remote control the mouse, keyboard and zoom (Video)
There's much more to it, check out the full feature list!
As you might have seen above, the features are documented by tutorial videos, I think this fits the program better than a help file.

Screenshots

Settings dialog:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Explorer with additional buttons and size/free disk space display:
Posted Image

Download (Executables and sources)

It's written for Autohotkey_L, and requires Compile_AHK II for compilation.

Let me know what you think, feel free to post comments and suggestions, or report bugs here or in the bug tracker!.

Long Bong
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • Last active: Apr 08 2011 11:06 PM
O.O

This is quite impressive. ;-) I've just realised how useful the functions of 7plus can be. However, when I tried to run the source code (AutoHotKey_L, the newest Unicode version), I happened to see this:

#Include file "...\7plus V.1.0 Sources\FolderButtonManager.ahk" cannot be opened.

I checked the folder, there is no such file there, so I decided not to include this file. But then, other errors occured. Please check it. ;-)

If it's possible, I would love to have configurable shortcuts to place them differently. I could edit the source code though, but it quite doesn't work.

Anyway, the compiled version works pretty smoothly. I have only found something annoying about window slide option so far. If you slide your window to the left or right and then move the cursor to the given side with the willingness to reopen it AND leave the cursor to the very left/right side, the window will open and close (Win Vista). Quite confusing. ;-)

Please keep on scripting, greatly.

Best wishes,
Long Bong.

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
You're right, I forgot to include that file in the sources, I have fixed it now. Alternatively, you can access the current sources via SVN on the project page.

I'm not sure yet if I will make the hotkeys configurable sometime, I would need to think of a good structure for that.
I think I might add a hotkey editor for adding custom hotkeys though sometime.

There seems to be some problem with the Slide Windows feature in Vista, I don't see it happening in Windows 7 though. I suggest you only access those windows through the taskbar for now, if that is any help for you. Maybe I can get that fixed later.

Long Bong
  • Members
  • 12 posts
Thanks for fast reply.
The window slide option works fine if you move the cursor to the side and instantly 'bounce' from it a little.

Edit:
I have happily edited the shortcuts in the source code giving them different placement. Now they work like I wanted them to work. ;-)

Thanks!

XYZ
  • Members
  • 224 posts
  • Last active: Apr 29 2010 01:48 PM
it looks quite useful and comprehensive

i will reply once i explore it

XYZ
  • Members
  • 224 posts
very nice

especially the FTP integration with explorer is very useful :p :p

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
Cool, glad you like it. Let me know if you have ideas on how to improve it.

XYZ
  • Members
  • 224 posts
well,

previously i was hoping to make a win tweak utiltity using reg hacks

but then i got on another project

BUT after seeing this project, i think i will try to improve this instead of making my own win tweaker

XYZ
  • Members
  • 224 posts
do you know about TweakUI from Microsoft powertoys

it has a lot of features

try it and see...

if u can add to yours :roll:

XYZ
  • Members
  • 224 posts
here i uploaded it for ya

https://ahknet.autoh...om//TWEAKUI.EXE

Long Bong
  • Members
  • 12 posts
While running source code, Win + c (open cmd in current folder) doesn't work. Anything that needs current folder name or stuff doesn't work either. The problem seems to be somewhere inside GetCurrentFolder() or ShellFolder(hWnd=0,returntype=0) function (navigate.ahk file). Could you check it please?

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
Hmm, it works fine for me, but I'll try to check it. I don't think the compiled/uncompiled version differ much in that area.

XYZ
  • Members
  • 224 posts
fragman

did u try TWEAKUI

if u want to add its features to :arrow: 7plus

i can provide u with a full guide to its reg hacks

fragman
  • Members
  • 1591 posts
I don't want to add lots of registry tweaks to this program, as there are lots of programs out there that do things like that. However, I might add one or two if I find them to be particularly useful. I will try TweakUI later, don't worry ;)

XYZ
  • Members
  • 224 posts
some of its explorer features are nice

Posted Image