Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

7plus V. 2.5.0 - Improve Explorer/Win, Launcher, Automation

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic
tomoe_uehara
  • Members
  • 2166 posts
  • Last active: Jun 11 2015 05:33 PM

Owh.. It's pretty hard to find this page, because I forget the keyword '7plus' sad.png

Anyway fragman, I want to ask for a feature, a "Folder Watcher" that could automatically move/rename/overwrite a newly created file in a folder.

So basically it'll watch a folder, then move the file based on 'rules' we created before. The rule can be made of tags, or filename containing special keyword, or even by filetypes.

For example: I create ahk tag, and specify ahk folder as the destination folder.

So when a file is exist and it's "[ahk] some script.ahk", it will automatically move/rename to the specified folder. And if there's a file with the same name, the user can choose to overwrite it or automatically rename the file.

The exe could be run multiple times, so I think adding #SingleInstance Ignore is not a bad idea. Last one, there's a typo in the About page. "The Autoudater uses 7-Zip"

MilesAhead
  • Members
  • 578 posts
  • Last active: Feb 29 2016 05:15 PM

I assume unzipping and running 7Plus.exe is all that's needed to "install?"  Anyway, I was intrigued by the features.  Unfortunately I only have Windows 8.0 to play with.  Running 7plus.exe hangs my system.  If I press Control Alt Del and wait I can get out of it without holding the power button down.

Running it comes right up to "7plus has stopped working" dialog.  Just thought I'd save W8 users some time.

I watched several of the videos.  Nice logical enhancements to Explorer.  If I ever get a W7 machine set up again I may give it another go.  :)

"Some people, when confronted with a problem, think I know, I'll use regular expressions.  Now they have two problems."

- Jamie Zawinski