Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate
Photo

Microsoft natural keyboard 4000 media keys and favorites

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic
xpanta
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Dec 11 2011 10:38 AM
Hi,

It seems I have problems using intelitype pro driver for my Natural Keyboard 4000 on Windows 7 32bit. So I turned to Autohotkey. I already created my first script (actually copied it from here). This is the one that by pressing caps lock I switch language (like pressing alt+shift).

With my keyboard, I just want to do the standard stuff. Make the central media keys (back and forward keys) to jump to the previous and next track and define my 5 favourites on the top of the keyboard to run 5 favourite applications. Also is it possible to set zoom key in the centre to scroll up and down?

Is this possible? How can I do that?

Thanks

Lexikos
  • Administrators
  • 9844 posts
  • AutoHotkey Foundation
  • Last active:
It is possible. Some of the extra keys on the Natural 4000 keyboard are standard keys, which can be assigned as hotkeys. Their names are:

Browser_Back
Browser_Forward
Browser_Home
Browser_Search
Launch_Mail
Volume_Mute
Volume_Down
Volume_Up
Media_Play_Pause
Launch_App2 (launches the calculator)

However, the "favorites" keys, zoom, F Lock and the =, ( and ) keys on the far right are not standard keys. Those and the F keys when F Lock is off can be detected using "raw input" as demonstrated in the following thread:

HID/Extended input devices (MS Natural Keyboard 4000 etc.)

xpanta
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Last active: Dec 11 2011 10:38 AM
Thank you very much. :)