Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

Desktop replacement

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic
q335r49 - guest
  • Guests
  • Last active:
Hey there,

I've made a fairly well-documented and mult-function launcher application by stealing various bits of code from these forums (esp. the alt-tab replacement). I've been using this myself, and my roommate seemed to like it...

The main thing I hate about the current desktop paradigm is that its so distracting. My idea is to have a desktop or shell that doesn't tell you what it wants you to do (by throwing all these buttons and icons at u) but u actually "use", so that things only appear when you need them, and you have to know what you you want to do rather than constantly being offered choices... The idea being that u have to "will a decision" rather than "react", to the computer ...

Surely, this opposition would be difficult to maintain, considering that making the choices hidden doesn't mean removing the choices. Which might simply mean that its nothing but a pleasant fiction.

then again, im the kind of person who gets distracted by the second hand on my watch. and writing this script has been the most distracting thing of all :(

Posted Image

https://ahknet.autoh....0 Complete.ahk

cracksloth
  • Guests
  • Last active:
i get an error at line 276

line text: %CurrentTime% ºtteryLifePercent%%¬LineStatus%
error: invalid `%

can anyone else verify this?

PhiLho
  • Moderators
  • 6850 posts
  • Last active: Jan 02 2012 10:09 PM
Indeed, this line seems corrupted, it should read like:
ControlSetText, Static2, %CurrentTime%%batteryLifePercent%`%%acLineStatus%
It seems %ba and %ac are treated like URL-encoded chars... (hexa values)
Titan, if you see this, can you check if this is a problem with AutoHotkey.net?
Posted Image vPhiLho := RegExReplace("Philippe Lhoste", "^(\w{3})\w*\s+\b(\w{3})\w*$", "$1$2")

Netfun81
  • Guests
  • Last active:
the help msg says u can use shortcuts if they are in c:\shortcuts... does anyone know how to display them?

polyethene
  • Members
  • 5519 posts
  • Last active: May 17 2015 06:39 AM

it should read like:
ControlSetText, Static2, %CurrentTime%%batteryLifePercent%`%%acLineStatus%

Thanks, I've fixed this. The problem could be the PHP upload mode - I'll have to make sure it's set to binary.

autohotkey.com/net Site Manager

Contact me by email (polyethene at autohotkey.net) or message tidbit