Sky Slate Blueberry Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate

World of Warcraft - Window ID's

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
Nicholas
  • Guests
  • Last active:
So, okay. Currently using Window 7, and have the latest WoW edition. Scripting and what not is working fine, except for the window ID's (eg. wowid2).

Changing the names of the executable files does not work, nor does a few scripts I have tried; all the windows remain titled 'World of Warcraft'.

Any ideas?

Jackie Sztuk _Blackholyman
  • Spam Officer
  • 3757 posts
  • Last active: Apr 03 2016 08:47 PM
Maybe you can trie something like WinSetTitle

Hope it helps :)

Helping%20you%20learn%20autohotkey.jpg?d

[AHK] Version. 1.1+ [CLOUD] DropBox ; Copy [WEBSITE] Blog ; About

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM
why not just use the ahk_id of the window instead of the title?

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

steven
  • Guests
  • Last active:
whats an example of WinSetTitle? how do i use it?

Nicholas
  • Guests
  • Last active:
I've managed to change the names of the windows, but I have to do it as quickly as possible as it launches using:

WinGet, WowWinId, List, World of Warcraft

F11::
WinSetTitle, World of Warcraft,, WowWinId1
return

F12::
WinSetTitle, World of Warcraft,, WowWinId2
return

However, using the script is a problem. Pressing keys doesn't work at all - doesn't send a single control movement through. Might anyone know how? I'm using the right scripts, but, it's just not working.

girlgamer
  • Moderators
  • 3263 posts
  • Last active: Feb 01 2015 09:49 AM
Winget said

List: Retrieves the unique ID numbers of all existing windows that match the specified WinTitle, WinText, ExcludeTitle, and ExcludeText (to retrieve all windows on the entire system, omit all four title/text parameters). Each ID number is stored in an array element whose name begins with OutputVar's own name, while OutputVar itself is set to the number of retrieved items (0 if none). For example, if OutputVar is MyArray and two matching windows are discovered, MyArray1 will be set to the ID of the first window, MyArray2 will be set to the ID of the second window, and MyArray itself will be set to the number 2. Windows are retrieved in order from topmost to bottommost (according to how they are stacked on the desktop). Hidden windows are included only if DetectHiddenWindows has been turned on. Within a function, to create an array that is global instead of local, declare MyArray as a global variable prior to using this command (the converse is true for assume-global functions).

#NoEnv
#SingleInstance, Force
SetTitleMatchMode, 2
DetectHiddenWindows, On

WinGet, winID, List, Warcraft ;<-- read all the wow window id's
Loop %winID% ;<-- this is the number of windows found
{    thisid := winID%A_Index% ;<-- create a string that can be displayed in a msgbox
     str = %str%,%thisid%`n
}
MsgBox,0x1020,,%str% ;<-- show the id's in the msgbox
exitapp
This little script will show you the WoW windows that are running at the time. Load all your World of Warcraft windows and check them with this after they're all loaded.
You can also use this little routine in your own code to get the current window ID under the mouse cursor at any time.
^!NumPadMult::
     MouseGetPos, , , mwid
     ToolTip, the id of the window under the cursor is %mwid%
     Sleep 5000
     Tooltip
     Return

The universe is a wondrous place! The faster you create unbreakable code, the faster the universe creates people that can break it. All scripting follows the rule Rule Of Twos -- 1) Good, 2) Fast 3) Cheap -- pick any Two.
I guarantee absolutely nothing about any code I provide except that it works in my machine. ●
MMO Fighter   KeyLooperDemo   Key Spammer   TinyClickRecorder  GGs Password Generator.ahk
For the newest version of AutoHotkey and some killer scripts go here.
Rock-on%20kitten.gif

trock
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • Last active: Jul 30 2012 09:15 PM

So, okay. Currently using Window 7, and have the latest WoW edition. Scripting and what not is working fine, except for the window ID's (eg. wowid2).

Changing the names of the executable files does not work, nor does a few scripts I have tried; all the windows remain titled 'World of Warcraft'.

Any ideas?

I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but I'm assuming you are trying to control a particular wow window when there is more than one wow instance running.

This worked for me:

ControlGet, sendWindow, Hwnd, , World of Warcraft

This snapshots the window handle of the current on-top wow window. I can then use %sendWindow% in ControlSend statements to send input to only that window, whether or not it is still on top.

• Guests
  • Last active:
As a person that multiboxed in wow with ahk for two years, I say save yourself the pain and try isboxer for a week. It's definitely worth the money. DEFINITELY.

Use scantron for a reference code if you decide to do that.